68| open-relationship

"Maybe he was just saying that to confuse us, to stop us from trying to kill him." Ron perked up trying to come up with a logical explanation as to what I heard.

"Are we willing to take that risk?"

"Yes, Harry we are, save me or save millions?" I answered back confidentially; if we allowed Voldemort to carry on freely for the sake of me, the whole wizarding world would be in danger, including muggles. "That's out of the question, don't start acting like a martyr." He snapped but I just grinned at his aggression, "this isn't funny Katherine!"

"I'm pretty sure we could use this to our advantage, but for now let's just focus on destroying that fucking thing." I pointed to the locket being wary of getting too close like I had last time.

"Right who's going first?" I wiggled my brows at the group and Harry stepped forward and we took strides back as a safety measure. We were stood outside the tent, while the Horcrux was settled on a tree stump in front.

I was starving.

We had brought food but not nearly enough to last, I fancied some proper food, not snacks. I didn't want to say anything as no one else seemed to be complaining but I wasn't sure how much longer I would last. Not only that but my back had been in agony all day. It's like it has an on and off switch. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it doesn't, it's strange. Almost as if someone was controlling it, but after everything we suspected now, it really wouldn't surprise me.

I knew Ron was in pain too, I didn't want to moan. It almost felt as if it would be selfish; taking the spotlight off of him.

"Confringo!"

"Incendio!"

"Expulso!" I stared baffled at the still perfectly intact locket, it now laid unharmed on the ground from the multiple spells it had thrown at it. "Right so magic doesn't work, yet it's a magical object?" I groaned at the failure and in annoyance that Dumbledore hadn't told us shit on how to destroy it, or even how to find the others.

"There must be a certain spell, I'll do some reading..." Hermione answered picking it up from the ground, "perhaps we should all take turns wearing it. I doubt it will be pleasant to have on constantly." I nodded as well as Ron, unsurprisingly Harry disagreed.

"I should wear it."

"Now now Haz, don't act like a martyr!" I smirked taking the locket from Hermione's hand and placing it around my neck. "I don't think you should wear it at all." Mione argued but I shushed her immediately, "I'm doing my part in this too, no matter what you say."

...

I sat going out of my mind with boredom. Harry was stressing outside, Mione was reading on her bed and Ron was god knows where. It felt like we should have accomplished something, anything by now. Even if it had just been a few days, it felt like we had gotten no where. In all honesty we hadn't.

I felt angry, at anything and everyone. I wanted to see Fred. I wanted us all to actually get off our asses and do something about it, so that we could go home.

"Come on, hand it over. You're glaring at the floor. I'll have it now." I looked up to see Ron holding a radio underneath his right arm with his palm out in front of me. "Glaring at the floor?" I questioned bluntly. "Yes, which means you're angry without even knowing it." I huffed at his response but took it off, slamming it into his palm in annoyance.

It felt as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, now that the anger wasn't there only now could I feel how bad it was. I was hot and didn't even realise it. "You're right I feel better, fuck that shit is dark." I joked and he chuckled while messing with the dials on the vintage radio on the table.