73| not giving up

"You can't be serious!" I was screaming at her, she was grinning as per usual, it was aggravating. This wasn't my boggart, it was much worse. I couldn't imagine a more horrifying thing to do.

She had expected me to know what was going to happen, so she upped it a level. "You are going to do the deed." She was cackling away at my broken facial expressions. I hated her.

I looked at George and he smiled weakly, it was almost a way of telling me to do it. Was he an idiot? Of course, I wouldn't.

No matter what I would have to do to get out of this, I would. I was okay when I was the only one here, but now George and Luna were at risk here with me.

I leant down towards his head, making it look to the others as if I was just hugging him, "what do we do?" I whispered close to his ear, I was trembling and my tears dripped down on to his cheek.

"There is no other way Kat." He sighed rubbing my arm, only making me infuriated that he would give up so easily.

"Did they take your wand? I'm not going to do it."

"Yes, they did. If you won't do it, they will."

I lifted my head standing up for the first time since his arrival, I felt his large hands grip onto my leg to stop me from moving, I just pulled it from his hold walking closer to Bellatrix.

I stared her up and down with disgust, she didn't seem to bothered by it as she upheld her wicked grin. "What's a matter little girl?" She mockingly Spoke up, but began taking strides back.

"You have taken too much from everyone, you don't deserve to live. You certainly don't deserve to take another person from my life." I was smiling now, she looked frightened, in her own way. It wasn't a case that she feared I would do something, it was the realisation that no matter what I would end her one day.

She stopped dead in her tracks trying to giggle off the conversation while her friends stood idly by watching intently. "You are nothing, to anyone. You will think that it is all over, that you've won; that moment will be your last." I smirked stepping so close to her that I could feel her shaky breaths on my cheeks.

I took one look around the room, none of the death eaters had their wands in their hands, they were all put back in their pockets. Rookie mistake.

I was buzzing, perhaps this wouldn't work, perhaps it would backfire. If I didn't at least try, it would be just as bad for sure.

She, however, was not looking away from my eyes, it was as if she was trying to show her dominance, she was much shorter than me, clearly only being about 5'2. So her act of superiority was not as threatening as she may have thought. Of course, it was a big risk, she had a wand in her hand, I did not.

I would have pleasure in taking her down. She takes pleasure in hurting the innocent, those who are better than her, more skilled. She hides behind her dark magic, thinking it makes her more powerful, or capable even. This is mercy, more than she deserves.

"This has been a long time coming," I whispered to her, I watched as her grin faded into a slight smirk, she was so confused by my words, it made it just the more enjoyable.

I had to be quick with my next move, or all of this would be for nothing, it would without a doubt be over.

I gave her one last grin before raising my fist towards her, it was at the last second that she noticed my right hand heading straight for the side of her head. I heard her expel the last bit of choked air while she still had the chance.

I decided the temple was most likely the best place to aim for, knowing what damage that can do to a person. It shouldn't have knocked her out or anything, just distracted her enough for me to grab her wand.

But from the shock of the attack, I saw her body begin to fall. Hearing the smack from her head hitting the marble flooring. That was what had taken her out, and by the sound of the crash, I wasn't surprised.

It was quite a horrible image, as much as I hated her, it was traumatising to see how...well dead she looked.

I didn't have much time to think anyway, I sprinted to where her wand had rolled when her body hit the ground. Putting it up defensively. All the others had their wands up after watching the events that had occurred.

"Now dear, don't make this harder than it has to be." Lucius whimpered slightly, in complete and utter shock from what had just unravelled. I kicked one of our wands to George, who scurried to pick it up and stand beside me.

"Please tell me you have a better plan than this?" He groaned staring at how outnumbered we were.

"Do you?" I replied cockily, this was all we had. Risk George's life by doing nothing, or risk both of ours at least trying to live another day, "take my hand." I whispered to him and he did, all the death eaters were looking at each other as if it would give them some idea on what to do.

I lowered my wand slowly, to give them the idea of surrender, this seemed to relieve them massively. I thought deeply about the coldness of the cellar below us, I couldn't leave Luna, never.

I thought about the wet flooring, the dark bars on the gate, the stained and filthy walls. I hadn't much experience on apparition, but I knew that if you are to do it, you must have a clear idea on where you are to go. Unless you want to get splinched.

I didn't wait around long enough to see the people in the rooms expression to us escaping, but I can imagine they shot spells a little too late. I had never once apparated myself, I always had Hermione for that.

"Are you okay? I have never done that before, did you get slinched?" I panicked once landing by the entrance to the upstairs room that we had just left.

That was your first time apparating?! Good job Kathy!" He congratulated sarcastically, and I pushed his shoulder, looking around for Luna.

"Why are we here?" George followed behind me, "Luna's here too." I mumbled checking the place I found her before. She wasn't there, she wasn't anywhere.

"This can't be happening." I moaned, brushing the hair from my face in anger. If she wasn't down here, she was up there, meaning we would have to return to upstairs to save her. "We have to go back up..."

"No absolutely not, let's tell the order and we can come back for her." George ordered taking my hand, "I grabbed your wand before we apparated, I wouldn't want to use Bellatrix's if I were you." I took it from him, sighing that he expected me to leave Luna alone with these insane individuals.

I grabbed either ends of Bellatrix's wand, snapping it in two, before disregarding it to the floor. "Georgie," he nodded, "promise me we will come back for her." He nodded along again getting impatient with how long we were sticking around, "promise me!" I whispered harshly not wanting to draw unwanted attention from upstairs.

"I promise, come on." He gripped my hand, apparating us to somewhere unknown to me.