37| mercifully

I sat with the Gryffindors like normal as I hadn't had that 'chat' with Ronnie yet. Thankfully the news of us being poisoned had blown over so Ron and I weren't getting sympathy from those we barely knew. We were all trying our hardest to avoid Draco bar Harry. He had practically been searching for him but could never get close enough before he vanished or joined a group, Harry wouldn't want confrontation with anyone other than Malfoy himself.

The only thing we severely had to get used to was Lavender glaring at our group, Ron especially. She didn't handle the news of the breakup well even if he hadn't physically broken up with her. Lavender was mainly mad at the fact it was Hermione he wanted, they don't get on, but you know that. I was pushing about the food on my plate in boredom not really hungry at all, I was just happy that Hermione, Ron, Harry and I could all sit together and be the group we once were. "Harry put that bloody book away!" I shouted reaching out for it, "stop I'm only reading over this spell, have you heard of it?" I rolled my eyes placing my palm out agreeing to check it out and he placed it reluctantly in my hand, "sectumsempra?" I shook my head closing it and putting it in my satchel, flashing him a smile at his stupidity for handing it over.

"Harry, Katherine look it's Katie...Katie Bell." Mione whispered across to us and within a second of my brother hearing it he stood from his place walking over in her direction. "Harry-just don't" I tried to call out to him but he obviously wasn't going to listen to me, I scoffed finally taking a bite of my food. I grimaced at the taste not sure why I even chose to have it, before looking back at Harry who was now staring- no glaring down an aisle between two tables, intently showing his hatred.

In my mind I knew there was only one person it could be, and when he began rushing after him it didn't take long for me to run too, grabbing my satchel from the floor as I made my way out.

"Harry don't be stupid!" I was shouting after him trying to quicken my pace to reach his side, but when I sped up so did he. He slowed his pace when entering the boys bathroom and I stopped in front of the door unsure whether I should enter too.

The thoughts running in my head urged me to go in after him 'thats your brother in there, with the boy that almost killed you. Help him now' motivated to protect him I entered but instantly ducked as a spell was shot where I was going to walk. "What the fuck is going on, stop!" They continued to shoot spells at each other carelessly, not caring who would get hurt in the process.

They moved to either end of the stalls using the walls to them as cover, I stood in the middle being close enough to the both of them...

"Sect" Harry called the start of the curse and I instantly screamed "NO!"

"umsempra!" He finished shooting the spell in Malfoy's direction and I thought my reaction time would be quick enough "Expelliarmus!" His wand flew from his hand but the curse had already hit Draco landing him on the soaked floor his white shirt quickly staining itself a blood red colour.

I cried out at the sight of him, looking very- very dead. "What were you fucking thinking! You didn't know the effects of the curse yet you used it anyway?" I screeched kneeling beside him, feeling for a pulse. I believed Harry would help me save him, but I could tell that's not what he wanted. "I'm sorry Kat, he almost killed you and Ron, I was so- angry." He resisted coming to his aid and backed his way out the room.

I was useless, a spell I'd never heard of, it's clearly not well known. Was there a counter curse, who knows? I thought of where the spell came from, instantly remembering the book I had placed in my bag. I flicked through the pages rapidly praying I would soon end up on the right one, before it was too late.

I sighed when I saw the spell he had used, using my index finger to guide my eyes along the lines. 'Vulnera Sanetur' is what I read as the way to heal it, knowing full well I had used this spell on multiple occasions, in fact I had even used this spell to heal Malfoy before. That's where I had got it from, I never knew how I knew of it or how I came across it. I called it out swiftly swaying my wand along his body where the blood was leaking from his skin. The red water surrounding his unmoving body pulled itself back towards Draco's body, almost like the events that had just occurred rewinded to before he sustained the injury.

"What is going on here!" Snape shouted from the doorway taking large steps towards us, the now flooded floor soaking his thick black robes even more with each stride. "I healed him, I think. Not that he deserves it..." he snarled at me demanding I leave and I gladly obliged, not liking that I had mercifully healed the boy that had physically hurt me, my best friend and my boyfriend. I didn't regret saving his life, I would never forgive myself if I ruthlessly left him to die if I had the power to change it. Clearly Harry didn't have the same conscience as myself.

...

I stormed into the Gryffindor common room letting out a sob as I flopped onto the sofa, causing Neville, Dean and Seamus to join me. Questioning curiously what had made me so upset. "I need to find Harry...I can't tell you much more, I'm sorry" I cried my heart out into Nevilles shoulder feeling emotional at what I had just witnessed. "I saw them all go up to the dorm, I know you only really talk to Neville here but we're here for you. Aren't we mate?" Seamus spoke with his thick Irish accent making me smile even if he was trying to talk softly, Dean nodded with one of the sweetest smiles I had ever seen. They seemed so genuine.

"Thank you guys, you're surprisingly good company. We should do this when I'm not having a mental breakdown!" I joked making them chuckle despite the hidden insult in my comment. I stood hugging them each, getting them wet with my drenched robes "sorry about that..." I gave them an apologetic look making my way towards where they said they all were.

I entered the dorm without knocking not caring what they may be talking about, I was too furious to care about anything. Harry was sat on the bed looking regretful but not at all phased by what he had just caused, while Mione, Ron and Ginny placed themselves on the windowsill listening solely to his explanation on the event.

Their eyes went wide when they saw the state I was in, my red puffy eyes, my soaking wet uniform. "I don't care what you say, this book" I pulled the book from my robe pocket after hiding it from Snape's view, he would only take it for himself if he knew that's where he got such a spell from. "Is being locked or hidden away!" I dramatically slammed the book on the nearest bedside table in anger.

"I agree" Hermione answered giving Harry a look of 'you don't have a choice.' And he nodded finally agreeing that it was time to give it up, after what he had just done I don't think he wanted anything to do with it at all. Ginny carefully placed herself beside Harry placing a comforting hand on his, taking any opportunity to be close to him. "You have to get rid of it...today" he nodded through his shaky breaths as I joined Ron beside Hermione as he held his arms open to comfort me. Mione placed her head on my shoulder clearly understanding it didn't upset me who it had happened too, just what had happened in general.

I soon felt better in the comfort of my best friends not wanting to move from the position. Ever.

-see you all motivated me so much that I managed to get two chapters written today!!!