69| out of the loop

Harry's pov:

"She's fucking listening to it again!" The crackling of the radio Kat had continuously listened to day and night had gotten to the point of making me lose my mind. I was stressed enough without that ringing in my ears 24/7.

"It comforts her, she's going through a lot too you know."

"I can't deal with it anymore Hermione, you don't see me doing shit to comfort myself." I stood up forcefully, something about mine and Kat's relationship had changed over the past few months. We used to be much closer.

It feels like now we can't even have a conversation without snapping at each other, we were the main reason for all of this of course it will have it's effect. When I think about it, it just seems that everything she does irritates me.

"Don't you dare Harry, she hasn't done anything wrong!" Hermione followed behind me walking towards the tent to stop me from starting an argument, "it's the locket isn't it? You've had it on way longer than you were supposed to." She frowned at me but I wasn't prepared to listen to her.

"You're telling me it's not annoying you?"

"Of course it is, but I also understand that she misses her family, her boyfriend. I can accept that reasoning and leave her be, and so should you." She walked up to me taking the locket from around my neck, without much of a fight. I instantly felt better about most things but not about Kat. I still felt just as angry.

I pushed past Hermione blocking my path; blocking out her calls for me to "leave it be!" I saw her instantly sat on the floor, intently staring at the little mint green radio on the table. She was playing with the dials, getting no where with finding a particular station.

"Turn that fucking thing off would you?"

"No, I've almost got it!" She had an excitement in her voice which I resented, she looked sad and usually that would make me sympathise slightly. That wasn't the case, it didn't change how I felt.

I stormed forward grabbing the radio from the table, "what the fuck give it back." She snapped but I switched it off, keeping it out of her reach. "Harry, why? I just want to hear his voice!" She was crying now but it only made me want to roll my eyes and tell her to grow up.

"Harry mate, give it back to her. She needs this."

"Stay out of this Ron!" I shouted walking back outside with the radio still in hand. "No I won't, stop being a prick to her you've been like this for far too long." He pushed my shoulder taking the radio out from my hands, I just clenched my jaw pushing him back. It's like the effects of the locket stuck to me, like it wouldn't leave my body even when I wasn't wearing it. It didn't seem to do that for anyone else.

...

Katherine's pov:

It had only been two weeks, two weeks and nothing had been accomplished. Yes we had retrieved the locket but we weren't any closer on figuring out how to destroy it. If we couldn't figure out how to destroy one how could we destroy the others? Then again, we weren't any closer to finding the others either.

I hadn't spoke go Harry since the row we had earlier, but Hermione suggested I respect his wishes and only listen to the radio for a few hours per day. I didn't want to listen but I also didn't want to be selfish, as much as he deserved it. I had noticed a change in behaviour towards each other, it seemed like there was so much hatred there. I didn't notice it before but thinking back on it, it had been deteriorating for a while now.

I had been obsessing over Fred, I never thought I'd miss anyone so much. I had thought I'd hate him for how he acted the last few weeks of the summer, but now I would forgive and forget it all in a second to be near him.

Thankfully Hermione had packed the book of letters he had given me. I had been lenient with myself to not read them all, I told myself when I first got it that I would read only one if I was upset or missing him. So I had plenty left to read while I was away.

"Love,

I made you something.

I probably won't tell you this in person because I'd love to see your reaction. I can imagine you reading this over at some point then running into my room, screeching with happiness. That's the reaction I would love to see.

No, I'm not going to tell you what it is or what it's related to, if you're away from me while you're reading this then I've just drove you completely mad with curiosity. It gives you time to make wild guesses until you're with me. I only hope it meets your expectations.

Anyway, enough teasing you for now.

I was thinking about you earlier. About the Patronus charm in a DA meeting. Don't you ever think about how simple life was back then? I do. It was simpler, everything was. But not you, it all is simple with you, it always has been. I know I sound cheesy and if you ever show this to anyone I will have to get revenge, can't have anyone knowing I'm a softy now can I?

I love you. Always.

P.s. Your liquid luck is still under my bed, might have to use it next time I see you ;)

Freddie."

I was laughing to myself, usually I would be angry that he teased me like that but I didn't care.

You don't really understand how much you love someone until you can't see them or be near them.

"That's the first time I've heard you laugh in a good while." Ron grinned sitting at the end of my bed "let's have a read." I shook my head clutching it close to my chest, "Fred would quite literally obliviate us both." I chuckled shutting the book and placing it underneath the pillow. "I'm just happy to see you smile."

"I wish you would too Ron." I tapped his cheek jokingly and he waved me off. "Is it not bothering you?" I arched a brow at his question, sitting up properly to listen "then two, I feel like they aren't tell us anything. Always sitting outside together, leaving us out of the loop." He flopped down laying beside where I was sitting.

"Everyone's too stressed to get along, but you're right. They are being irritating." I laid down with him, hugging his arm. I felt for him, I really did.

He loves Hermione, it didn't take an idiot to notice. He loves Harry too, with how they were acting towards each other and us was bound to trigger some jealousy. "It will all work out in the end, don't worry about it." I felt him nod slightly and from then we just laid in complete silence.