46| astronomy tower

"Dumbledore, sir can you apparate?" I asked him still keeping his ice cold hand in mine, he nodded slightly and Harry and I both grabbed on, in a way that we could still support him standing up. I clenched my eyes shut again but within seconds we landed in the astronomy tower, the place we left from before.

"What can we get you Professor, do you want to see Madam Pomfrey?" Harry asked taking his other hand but he shook his head, I could see the refusal he had there was no way we could force him. "Severus is who I need" he answered and I resisted the urge to scoff, I never understood how he could trust the man when he was so clearly working with the Dark Lord. "Tell him what happened, but speak to no one else! Is that understood?" We nodded but didn't move to leave, I think we were both scared to leave him alone with how unwell he looked right now.

"You two, hide beneath. Don't be seen or heard by anyone do you understand me? Neither of you must come up no matter what happens!" He spoke in a harsh whisper and we quickly did as he said after hearing footsteps ascending to where we were. As soon as we made it to the bottom level of the room, out of sight from anyone above I began feeling nervous, like never before. I had a bad feeling about what might happen.

"Good evening Draco..." were the only words I needed to hear to understand what was going on, "Harry this is it, he's going to kill him" I whispered directly into his ear, could I just stay here and watch it happen. I honestly didn't think I had that kind of will power, to just allow someone to be killed before me.

"Who else was here? I heard you talking!" I sensed fear in Draco's voice no matter how much he tried to hide it with his anger.

I shuffled to my right hoping to catch a glance of the boy, he didn't look the same. Draco's skin was paler, if that was even possible. He looked taller and skinnier in his all black suit, it was strange to see him so hateful and violent. Yes, Malfoy had never been any different but for some reason he just looked more evil now that I knew who he was working for and what he had to do.

"I often speak aloud..." Dumbledore answered trying his best to keep his calm and welcoming nature on show almost to make Draco believe that this was the wrong thing to do. "You are no assassin-"

"HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT I AM? Trust me I was chosen!" He ripped his suit sleeve up in the exact way he had to me all those months ago, seeing his ink stained skin sent shivers down my spine. Everything about it brought it back to Voldemort, that constant loyalty you'd have to show to him if you became one of his followers. "Harry, I can't just stay here and watch I need to help him. We can sneak up behind him, he won't stand a chance." I began my walk but I was quickly pulled back with a hand over my mouth, I heard the entrance door open making me drop my resisting.

Harry released me and we both looked above us to see who was coming, "you're not alone?" Dumbledore asked him, he knew who it was and I think I had a pretty good guess too. "Years ago I knew a boy that made all the wrong choices, let me help you" I wasn't surprised that the headmaster wasn't begging for his life, he wasn't the sort to do so, I only wish he had.

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this, I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill me" the cracks in his voice broke my heart, yes what he was doing was wrong but this was what his family brought him in to. We didn't have a loving family until we came to Hogwarts, Draco however had a broken, dark family since birth...

It made me question everything, he didn't have a choice in what he was doing, but I still wanted to hit him with the killing curse for everything he had done previously. I quickly pushed Harry and myself behind a wall at the sound of footsteps occurring up to the tower, "We'll look what we have here." The voice was one we both knew all too well, her voice alone was almost enough to make me rush up the stairs to hex her. The sound of multiple footsteps meant she wasn't alone, no doubt surrounded by the Dark Lords loyal followers. "Well done Draco..." she hissed at him and now I knew Dumbledore stood no chance, not only were we going to watch him die, the death-eaters and Voldemort would be successful.

"Good evening Bellatrix...I believe introductions are in order don't you?"

"Oh Albus, I'd love to but we're on a bit of a tight schedule-" I was crying silently, knowing if I made any noise both Harry and I would join him, I turned slightly holding my wand at my side only to see Snape stood with his wand pointed directly at us. I slapped Harry slightly to gather his attention, I was confused was this to help us or the death eaters?

-

"GO ON DRACO, NOOOW!" She screeched making my ears ring, Snape had now gone up to join them and Harry and I were still both confused on who's side he was on in this situation, "No." Severus spoke coming out of hiding to join the others, I smiled pleased that maybe we had gotten him all wrong, after all Snape and Dumbledore were close, surely he wouldn't betray him...

Dumbledore met our eyes for a split second looking down at us, it didn't seem like he had hope that he would live only sending me into another panic. "Severus please..." Albus mumbled sincerely and my eyes widened, he knew? He knew he was going to kill him, I tried my hardest to run up to stop him but my brother wrapped his arms tightly around my torso to restrain me, I wriggled continuously hoping he would loosen his grip enough for me to escape, "AVADA KEDARVA!" Harry quickly slapped his hand over my mouth as I let out a muffled scream, luckily my volume was overpowered by the spell hitting Dumbledore.

I hated him, more than before. I sobbed as quietly as I possibly could, Harry's eyes were wide but were more focused on keeping me safe, rather than the depressing fact that our Headmaster that we were close to had just died before our eyes. Not long after they rushed themselves back into the main parts of the castle, leaving us alone to think.

"Wh- did that- fuck" I cried struggling to think of any words to describe how I felt and what I had just seen, "we have to go after them." Harry grunted and I was shocked, "you're meant to be the responsible one!" I let out between gasps of air from my sobbing, "not with this." He replied sternly and I nodded actually feeling relieved that he had suggested it, I allowed him to take my hand in his to run with him.

- I haven't had a late night in so long as I've had things to wake up for but I will probably be up until like 4am tonight so I will release a few chapters hopefully xx