31| bestfriend?

"Kat get up!" I was being shook gently which quickly switched to being shook aggressively now clearly whoever was waking me was impatient. I slowly opened my eyes and as my alarm still hadn't gone off, it was too early.

"What! For god sake leave me be" it was then I could only slightly make out the person before me in the darkness, "Ronnie?" I spoke with my morning voice followed by a horrifying voice crack. "Yes you dimwit, come to the common room" she didn't wait for a response as she tiptoed past Pansy's bed careful not to wake the devil on her way to the door. I mentally groaned forcing myself to sit up, as much as I wanted to see her, at 4am is not the time to have a chitchat, especially since classes start tomorrow.

I quickly grabbed Fred's jumper from my trunk leaving my feet bare after not being able to locate my slippers in the pitch black. I grabbed my wand, not for any specific reason, just to be safe. I followed where Veronica had went moments before "ow fuck!" I shouted after catching my thigh on the corner of the bed frame, much to loudly. Staring wide eyed at Parkinson's bed praying that she wouldn't shoot her eyes open at me with a death glare. Luckily for me she only squirmed for a second or two before I could keep going towards the door, now putting my hands in front of me feeling around for anything in my path to make sure I didn't walk into anything else.

"You better have a good reason for waking me, I'm exhausted" I half whispered from the top of the stairs staring down at her laying on the sofa, the same position we were in last time we had a talk in the common room. I slowly joined her in the base of the room, laying on the opposite couch to face her. "I've missed you" she spoke softly but she quite clearly knew I wasn't having any of it. "You've missed me? You could have put that in a letter, you know as a reply to the five I sent you this Christmas" I snapped but I couldn't help but smile while saying it, I had missed her just as much and I couldn't deal with being mad after reuniting.

"I know you're trying to be mad, but I'm not buying it." She spoke with an equally as large smile back "oh don't be mistaken. I'm mad, but I'm also really happy because I've missed my best friend. But all in all I'm mad." She chuckled standing up jumping beside me, forcing me into a hug as I pretended to pull away on annoyance "admit it, you can't resist" she joked only making me sigh pulling her into me also. That's when I saw bruises all along her back, cuts and gashes too that had only just scabbed over. The bruises were some old and some new, the older ones now a yellowish colour the newer ones purple, dark purple.

"Ronnie, WHAT THE HELL?" I screeched pulling the back of her top further down to see how many there really were, without a second thought she pulled away to keep them hidden "who did this to you?" She teared up instantly but it wasn't that I had found out that made her upset, it was fear. Fear of who did this to her? Who knows.

"Leave it, it's nothing to do with you." She snapped getting up from her place next to me. I grabbed her arm before she could run for the dorms "it is to do with me, you're my best friend Ronnie..." I was tearing up myself at how scared she looked, her voice was breaking as she spoke trying to keep her emotions at bay. Failing completely. "Best friend? *Pft* tell that to Ron and Hermione. I'm here so you have someone to go to in your house. Don't act like you care." I had never been so angered and upset at the same time. "Of course I care, you're trying to push me away so I don't find out the truth. But for your sake, I'm finding out exactly what happened" I stood up facing her eye to eye to show her my sincerity about caring for her, of course I care we have been friends five years, inseparable really. That is when she is actually in school.

"No, it was my fault...an accident. So you hang around with your friends and- leave me the hell alone." She ripped her arm hard from my grip running up the stairs, now not caring how much noise she made. I flopped back on the sofa my knees tucked into my chest as I sobbed placing my hand over my mouth to not let out a crying gasp for air, how could she think I wouldn't care?

"Who's that?" Someone whispered from behind me, sounding far away enough for me to assume they were stood at the top of the stairs to the boys dormitory "I don't know" another voice followed, but I can't say I necessarily cared who it was, I don't think I'd care for anything in this moment. I heard footsteps ascending the stair case "Kat?" They spoke in sync and as they were no longer whispering I recognised them as Seb and Taylor. I sat up showing them my state, it didn't take them long to rush to my sides, both of them going on either side of me.

"What on earth happened" Taylor asked first not afraid of showing his worry for me as he pulled me into his side, resting my head on his chest "we heard stomping down here, thought it was someone falling down the bloody stairs." Seb spoke up now grabbing my hand in his, "I'm sorry, I can't tell you..." I squeaked out trying to regain my steady breaths "okay, that's okay..." Taylor reassure me brushing the hair from my eyes. There's no ones support I would want more right now, sure Hermione, Ron and Harry would be great. From experience I know they wouldn't understand, they would push me for an answer, but I would never do that. Telling others something even Ronnie didn't want ME to know, clearly meant she didn't want anyone to know.

...

I awoke the next morning laying flat on the sofa covered to my shoulders in a blanket, I still felt my face stained with the tears from the previous night. I needed to see if Ronnie was still asleep, and I guess okay...

As I walked into my dorm, I stuck my head around to check if everyone was sleeping soundly, when I confirmed they were I grabbed my quill and parchment.

'Ronnie,
Honestly I'm not going to apologise. You ARE my best friend, even if you don't believe that. I'm worried, I'm not going to lie to you, you've been different since you came back, more secretive. Surely you know you can trust me, with anything. I get that you maybe can't tell me or you're scared to but- I would never judge you nor tell anyone anything that you tell me. Especially if you don't want me too.

I love you, and I'm here for you

K x'

I folded the paper in half and placed it on her beside for when she wakes up, I wasn't done with sleep, I needed more. But I knew for a fact that worry would keep me from drifting off and as it was now 6am I could at least get some breakfast.

Ps- sorry about not writing a chapter yesterday, college work has me swamped!!! But I'll write another chapter tonight and publish it tomorrow or for 12ish xx

Also 8k reads what the hell! It's crazy that 4 days ago I said thankyou for 2k THANKYOU!!!