87| it's time

I grabbed a few of my valuable belongings, placing them in an old storage box of mine. I wanted to be sure that the Weasley family would be alright if everything went to shit for me.

I left a note on top placing it on the desk in Ginny's room, no one would find it until well after the battle and I'd want them to know that they will be fine whether we win or lose.

I was confident.

Not necessarily with the fact that we would win, we really wouldn't know until the time came but I was confident that we would be able to protect those we love. I would put that before anything.

I looked around the room feeling tears well in my eyes at the thought of never returning home. I couldn't help the pit in my stomach that Voldemort had other plans, ones we wouldn't find out about until he used them.

"Can I come in?" I heard someone give a short knock on the open door behind me, I quickly wiped my eyes turning around with a half-hearted smile. I nodded and Fred walked in slowly towards me. "We should all be coming with you." He frowned taking both my hands in his.

"We can't all burst through the gates of Hogwarts, especially not with Snape being headmaste4." I went on to my toes and kissed his cheek before looking him in the eyes, "you are coming in a few hours, we will be fine till then." He grinned releasing one of my hands to reach into his trouser pocket.

"I had a feeling you should have this," I looked down at his closed palm with an arched brow and when he opened it my mouth opened wide.

Fred was a genius.

I stared at it for a minute, questioning whether it would work in a situation like this, but either way, it was worth a shot. "Why on earth didn't I think of that?" He placed it into my hand allowing his hold to linger for a few seconds before releasing it.

"I know we aren't in the best place right now," he looked at me deeply and I had the sudden urge to cry as if the thought of leaving him had only just hit me. "But I love you, you know that don't you?" The tears once again welled as he stared at me so softly.

"I do." I stopped mockingly staring at the wall innocently, he quickly grabbed my waist tickling me as I tried to squirm away to run to the other side of the room, "fine, fine! I love you too." I giggled and he cupped my face moving stray hairs from my cheek.

-

I was in tears, so was Molly. She was the one who set me off in the first place. I knew I would see them in only a few hours but considering what we were going through, anything could happen, any second.

"I love you all. So much." I sobbed finally getting released from Molly's hold, she pulled a tissue out of her apron pocket rubbing at her nose while turning into Arthur for comfort.

I turned for the door but a hand-pulled me back around, I caught a slight glimpse of Fred but he had already crashed his lips onto mine before I could question it. The kiss only lasted a second or two but it made me more self-assured that I would come out the other end, not for me, for Fred.

I didn't turn around again once leaving off the porch, I wanted to have my last memory of them being the one I just had. Seeing their teary eyes and watching their reactions as I walk away with the chance that I may never return would ruin it.

I apparated better than normal, I didn't have to put all my thought into it, it just sort of happened. I ended up deep into the forbidden forest, just where the boundary for Hogwarts started. The biggest task now was getting from here to the castle without being seen.

It would take me ten minutes tops to get to the room of requirements, that's if I'm quick about it, and that's exactly what I need to be. Quick.

I was running through the forest, I wasn't sure how deep the boundary went into this place so I just had to hope I make it out before any disruptions occur with the magical creatures. I was leaping over branches not once taking into consideration the fact that I could fall. Small incidents like that wouldn't frighten me anymore. The thought of dying today at the hands of the man who started everything going wrong in mine and Harry's life, that, scared me much more.