67| linked as one

I groaned staring up at the sky, everything was silent around me but I couldn't bring myself to sit up and check on the others, it was peaceful; a moment to breathe, relax.

I turned to my side seeing my hand still in Ron's but he was shaking unnaturally.

"Ron? Are you okay?" I pushed myself up gasping at his torn up arm, it was all open; gashes up and down from his shoulder to his elbow.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from it the dirt from where he landed seeping into it. I screamed Hermione's name and when she joined my side she had a similar reaction. She flopped down beside me, ordering Harry to bring her bag.

"Have you got shit for this- how did this even happen?" I mumbled moving by his head to allow Mione room to heal him. I brushed the leaves out of his hair staring at him with tears in my eyes; my jeans were covered in his blood but I couldn't see much through my blurred vision.

"I had to switch locations at the last second, Yaxley knew where we were going...he must have got splinched when I changed-" she struggled to talk I could see the pain in her eyes, unsure of what to do in her panicked state.

"Mione- calm down, just focus..." I said and she sighed searching through her bag, pulling out a small vial of liquid. She instantly poured it over the wound and Ron cried out as I held him down to allow her to continue.

"I know it hurts but just try and stay still for her." I shouted through his screaming but he wouldn't listen, I couldn't blame him the pain looked unbearable.

"I can't do much more, this has cleaned it. Where's my wand?" She was searching around frantically but I quickly grabbed mine handing it to her, "ferula" she pointed it at the damaged arm and bandages wrapped themselves around it cautiously.

"I need to put up some defences!" She jumped up clearly full of adrenaline, rushing to the edge of the clearing. "Mione let me, you need to breathe." I took my wand back from her and she frowned not liking not being in control.

"I've got this, go sit with Ron while Harry sets up tent..." she nodded turning around but every now and then looking back as if to check on me. "Protego totalum" I waved my wand as I had previously been taught in fifth year, "salvio hexia..." I had learnt from Hermione actually, she was always useful in teaching me spells I had never heard of; even when I didn't ask for it.

...

"How big is that bag of yours Hermione?" I joked walking into the spacious tent Harry took about two hours to put up, even with magic. He can take on anything but putting up a tent...

"Do you think the protective enchantments were done enough?"

"I doubt to your standards Mione but they're good enough, trust me." I gave her a look that was telling her we were safe, we were okay. In some ways anyway. "Has he woke yet?" I asked the two of them but they shrugged tiredly, today held so much fear and danger; it was likely to have its toll on our energy.

"You two get some rest, I clearly have much more energy than you both do." I smiled waving them off to the travel beds you'd expect to see in a hospital camp during the muggle war. "Here you should probably change." Hermione handed me some joggers from her purse kissing me lightly on the cheek as she went off to bed.

Ron's bed was placed in the back corner as if to give him some privacy, however, I sat at his bedside as he slept. He didn't look peaceful or calm, he seemed agitated and scared even if he wasn't in danger anymore.

"You're staring, it's creepy."

"Shut up Ronniekinns." I joked grinning at the fact he woke up and was acting like his usual self. "Great, Fred and George ain't here but now I've got their replacement." He looked at me with a distressed look, I gave him a sympathetic look; which he didn't appreciate.

"Grab me a drink will you?"

"Of course your royal high-ass." I bowed before him as he scoffed, I went to the 'lounge' type area. Passing the other two, now unconscious in their beds.

I searched through Hermione's bag but not finding the water bottle anywhere, something else caught my eye. The locket was placed on the table and I was intrigued by it.

This really was part of Voldemort himself, a part of the reason he was living.

Yet we had no idea how to destroy it, Dumbledore didn't exactly give us any pointers.

I reached for it but immediately felt like I was being pulled into a memory, only it wasn't one that had occurred yet?

'If you destroy it, you are destroying us both. Didn't I tell you we're the same. Linked as one, any harm done to me is done to you. Are your friends willing to pay that price to rid the world of me? We shall see where their loyalties lie...' It was similar to the vision I had last night, we were in the same empty darkness with nothing but the Dark lord standing before me. It all made sense to me now...

"Why isn't she waking?"

"Surely it's not another vision, I haven't had one again?" Their voices were muffled, almost behind a white noise playing. I couldn't exactly tell who was saying what, "oh thank god!" Hermione leant over me worryingly and I squinted my eyes at the readjustment.

"What just happened?" I mumbled rubbing my eyes to rid my eyes of the feeling of just waking up. "You were screaming so we came to check, you were passed out on the floor, you wouldn't wake." Harry answered pulling me up on to a chair.

"Fuck. I know what it all means." I gasped instantly shocked by the realisation of what I had discovered, "I-I think he linked us." They all arched their brows, even Ron who had settled beside my legs on the floor. "Voldemort hit me with a spell that night, I believe he might of linked the two of us so we can't kill him. If we kill him I die too."