70| princess

It had been pretty slow moving these past few days. I had been helping Mione with reading over the few books she had to look for a solution on how to destroy the horcrux. I had hoped we'd find something at least related to destroying dark magic, but there was limited information in the ones she brought with her, nothing related to what we were looking for any way.

"Nothing?"

"Not yet Harry." I bluntly replied, keeping my eyes on the pages. We hadn't been getting on any better, or getting on at all for that matter. He was being completely unfair, blaming me for things that weren't my fault in the slightest.

"When can we travel again?" He sat opposite Hermione and I but I could tell she was trying to stay out of it, she knew when to give us space and I appreciated that. I just wanted her to tell him he was being a prick too, maybe he'd listen to her.

"I'm doing everything I can." I slammed the book shut, swapping it for another; a part of me knew something complex like destroying ones soul wouldn't be in ordinary books, I also knew it was worth a shot.

"Well you're not doing enough!" He screeched and I finally looked up at him. I stared at him with such anger you'd think he'd settle down but he just glared back.

"Fuck this, I'm going to catch a rabbit or some shit. I can't deal with your bloody attitude." I stood up pushing past his shoulder, I would punch him, right there and right then. I also didn't want to, he was my brother and he was going through a lot. I had to continuously remind myself that I couldn't let his selfishness get to me.

"You shouldn't go alone!"

"Hermione if anyone follows me, I will hex you without hesitation. I'm not in the mood." I stormed out taking my coat from the chair on my way out. It was dark out but I wasn't really intending on catching any food. I shivered stepping out into the breeze, I found myself staring at luminescent moon.

It was full tonight.

It made me think of Remus, how his suffering was much worse than mine right now. I was here thinking that I was having the worst night possible but that isn't true, he has to deal with a torturous pain monthly, he has no control, no choice. I do, I could stop being a brat I suppose.

But resolving issues works two ways; whether Harry would be willing to do that is completely up to him.

Everything seemed louder, the crunching of the leaves and twigs underneath the soles of my shoes echoed through the lonely woods. Every now and then I'd hear a bird flutter through the leaves on the trees, startling me.

Something was off, different. I wasn't sure what made me feel this way but it didn't sit right with me. I was further from the tent than I'd been in weeks, surely I'd passed the protective barriers by now?

It didn't stop me from walking further, I wanted to distance myself even if just for ten minutes. I felt like I could breathe again. I was no longer being suffocated by the tension between the group. The grip around my throat blocking my airways had gone just by getting the tent out of my site. I felt free, almost normal again.

I smiled to myself at how much better I felt continuing on through the woods, keeping my focus on the noises around me. That bad feeling I had was out of my mind, I suppose my mind had been full of bad thoughts for a while now especially when wearing the locket.

I was fine I kept telling myself, I'm not going crazy, I'm okay. But I stopped in my tracks when hearing the same noise of leaves and twigs crunching, but I wasn't the one making them.

It wasn't one set of footsteps, it was definitely a group. I stood behind the nearest tree hoping the darkness would give me some coverage from their view. It could be muggles for all I know, but I've learnt not to trust anyone.

"There's not much in these woods, there might be on the south side." I gripped the bark tight refusing to breathe, if I was seen by anyone from the wizarding world I could be handed to Voldemort on a silver plater.

"Well come on then, let's go-" my eyes widened when he stopped mid sentence, it seemed like he had spotted something. He had to have seen me, it's too much of a coincidence, I was fucked. "A coin! That means I'll have good luck!" I rolled my eyes and sighed with relief silently, they just had to get far away enough for me to run back into the protection of the camp.

"Well, what do we have here?" I jumped to my side as a dark haired man popped up by my left side, "oh boys it's a pretty girl. We like pretty girls don't we?" They sniggered all moving closer as I tried to keep my head down.

"I think she's shy lads!" They joked and I just clenched my jaw, hoping they would believe I was no use to them, "Move, move. Let me have a look." All the men surrounding me moved back to allow a taller man with a tied back ponytail inspect me further.

"Now what's a young one like you doing in these woods this late at night?" He grinned crouching down in front of me, touching the strands of hair covering my face. "I got lost..."

"Well allow us to escort you back, we might even get you back in one piece darling." He smirked gripping my chin to lift it up so he could have a proper look, "someone give me a wand, NOW!" I resisted his grip, getting his hand off of my face, "ooh she's feisty this one." He stood up taking a wand from his friends hand and I took the only opportunity I would get. I lifted my foot from the ground, kicking it straight in his crotch. I jumped up running towards the direction of the tent.

I couldn't go there now, I knew they were wizards. If I lead them to the tent, I would have led them to my friends.

I turned to the right hoping to dart them off in the wrong direction, I could hear the bastards running after me but they didn't seem close. Clearly hurting one of them did me the world of good.

The harsh air filling my lungs as I ran made my heart ache for a break, it burned my chest as the temperature was far below freezing.

"STUPEFY!"

-

I felt myself being moved, or carried I wasn't really sure. I was only just regaining control over myself, almost trying to force my eyes open. "You're awake princess, when were you gonna tell us who you are? You're worth quite a bit ain't ya." I stared up at the same man I kicked in the balls. He knew, I thought I'd panic but my mind wasn't fully working yet after just being stunned, not enough to freak out.

"Where are you taking me?" I mumbled to him and he chuckled, "I'll give you to anyone that can pay for you." I used the strength I had to fight out of his arms but it was no use, "you're lucky you only got stunned for that trick you played earlier, try anything like that again and you'll get a lot worse. Trust me on that." I stopped fighting it, I wouldn't stand a chance. I was outnumbered by at least five men, not only that but wizards.

They'd catch me again within seconds.

This could go two ways. I could be given to death eaters where I'd be tortured for the location of my brother, or I'd be given to some random for other needs. "Are you giving me to death eaters?" I whispered fighting back tears,

"sweetheart, who do you think we work for?"

"You're death eaters?!" I gasped fighting against him again, if I put up a fight and I'm killed that still stops me from being forced in every way possible to give up my friends. "Not exactly, we round people like you up and give them to the dark Lord, for a price of course." I cried out for help not caring if it got me nowhere, "shut her up again would you, I can't handle the whole journey with her moaning!"

-

{SIDE NOTE} - just wanted to fill you in, sorry if my updates have been absolutely shocking recently. I do college during the day and work 12 hour shifts afterwards. Wednesdays are currently my only day off from work but I even still have college on that day. Just know I love and appreciate you for sticking with this, I honestly don't know why you have but I am so grateful, stay safe and eat and drink lovelies❤️