81| hate with a passion

"We have to find something out of all this, and we have no clue what it looks like?" I scoffed looking around at the clutter of all kinds of goblets, jewels and other priceless items. It all seemed to act as a distraction, pushing you away from finding the real thing. Surely it would have a meaning behind it, it wouldn't be just any old item, it would stand out. Wouldn't it? I arched my brow at the feeling I had drawing me into the back of the vault, I saw Harry moving in the same direction. "You feel that too?" I asked taking small cautious steps towards him, I had my wand out in front of me as my source of light.

"Yes. Up there." He pointed up to a shelf at the top, it was a goblet. It was different from the others and out of the way of them. It made sense but you'd think there would be more security or-

We all turned forcefully at the noise of something being knocked over, Hermione was swearing under her breath as they started to duplicate. Not slowly either, they were rapidly increasing in numbers.

After the first item was dropped it suddenly became a pattern. Different possessions were falling from all around us. Every single one started to multiply. "We can't touch anything." My eyes widened and everyone stood still; no one daring to move. "Fuck, in order to get that cunts soul, we have to climb up that," I stated the obvious my words dripping with sarcasm, which no one found amusing. We had to climb a mountain of items to get to it.

Bellatrix you smart bitch.

"I'll make a run for it," Harry muttered taking the sword from Hermione whilst running up the pyramid of golden goblets without hesitation. He didn't make it very far before falling on his knees attempting to crawl through the stacks of gold plates and cups beneath him.

The floor around us was now covered up to our knees with the multiplied items. Harry wasn't even close, we would be up to our necks before he gets hold of it. I didn't expect it to be easy, but this was something else.

It didn't help that everyone was frantically moving around to try and get out, it only made the situation ten times worse. "STOP BLOODY MOVING!" I screamed holding my arms outwards stopping any movement I was making. The others quickly caught on all of us stood unmoving while keeping our complete attention on Harry.

He had stopped in his tracks, not daring to move closer. He was a mere few inches away, but if he made a move how would he get back down? "I have to." He shouted through gritted teeth trying his hardest not to move a muscle.

"You have to make a run for it, all of us have to," I responded in the same way not turning around to meet the other's eyes. I had a feeling they agreed but I couldn't really tell. I put three fingers up counting down slowly as Harry put his arm out enough for him to pounce on it quick enough.

"One," I called out and I heard the familiar clatter and pop of the objects around us as we all ran towards the exit, Harry not in our sight. I panicked without the ability to check behind me, he could have been swallowed by the mass amount in the room.

"Catch it!" I heard Harry shout and I turned around with my hands above my head. I saw it coming it was moving in slow-motion. I felt the cold metal graze my fingers but it passed by them, out of my reach. I leapt forward in an attempt to retrieve it but another already had it in his grasp.

Griphook had the wickedest grin plastered on his face when looking at the shiny gold in his tiny hand, "we had a deal!" I groaned handing my hand out towards him, he only sniggered placing his out expectantly waiting for the sword.

"Here, here!" Harry shouted coming side by side with me. To my surprise, Griphook threw the goblet into my hands when having the sword in his other. "Open the door or we will die," Harry argued trying his hardest to pull the both of us closer to the exit. Something was wrong, off even. I had yet another bad feeling.

"I said I'd get you in," he sneered looking at all of us, "I said nothing about getting you out." Before anyone else had processed his words I rushed ahead trying to catch him in time before he left us. I saw him placing the other goblins hand upon the door to open it, I was close.

I was crashing into everything I saw, still feeling everything duplicating beneath me. My heart was racing, having the Horcrux but not being able to leave with it, that's a fail and we would have gone through all this for nothing.

I reach him in time for the door to open falling out with the flood of objects and onto the floor, crashing onto my knees. I got back to my feet just as soon, watching as he shut the other three in. "No-" I cried slamming on the door as it clicked shut. Griphook was already running away, seeing that I got out ruined his plan of betrayal, I warned him. I was going to stick to my threat.

I looked around laying eyes on an impeccably detailed dagger. It had carvings down the handle which was painted black, its blade was a silver that reflected off of everything. I picked it up feeling such a rage. I wanted him to die, I wanted to be the one to do it.

Never in my life did I think I'd say those words. I wasn't a murderer, nor was I a bad person. He deserved this.

He checked over his shoulder every once in a while whilst he continued to run. He must've known I would catch him, there was no use running. I caught up within minutes flattening him to the ground. He shut his eyes and his bottom lip was trembling to see the blade I held in my hand.

"What did I say I'd do if you betrayed us?" I shouted pinning him down by his throat, "what did I say?" I screamed getting impatient with him. He was squirming, and he dropped the sword to place his hands up as a form of surrender.

"That y-you would kill me..." he mumbled trying to sound apologetic. I shook my head at his pathetic attempt to let me release him.

"So what do you think I'm going to do?" I whispered placing the blade on his neck as a form of threat, "but first you will tell me how else I can get in that vault." He was unresponsive for a solid few seconds so I pushed the knife in harder, just almost drawing blood.

"You can't! Only Bogrod can open it!" I assumed the person he was speaking of was the man who previously opened it, but he was nowhere to be seen. I had to hurry up, they couldn't last in there with the spell placed on the objects.

I shut my eyes taking in deep breathes before plunging the knife in his stomach, "you should have chosen us as friends, not enemies." I whispered before standing to my feet looking at the goblin with his hands gripping into the dagger in an attempt to remove it. It was horrible, the look in his eyes as he was about to die, the guilt, the regret I hated every second of it.

I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, wiping a few stray tears on my cheeks away before leaving him. Turning around to go back in the direction I came in, wiping my blood-stained hands on my dress.

I thought revenge would be thrilling, justified. He deserved it, I just wish I hadn't done it. I didn't hate Griphook as much as I do others, I don't think I could physically do it to anyone other than those I hate with a passion.

I was running, sprinting actually. I was even more terrified when hearing the distant sound of spells being thrown. As I inched closer to the source of sound I stayed behind the wall, looking around to see who this was about.

My mouth fell open, guards were shooting spells in every direction while Hermione...this was not one of her smarter ideas, was climbing on the back of the dragon. She was using its side as a shield as she gripped on to its spikes for dear life.

They had no clue where I was, I could be imprisoned for all they know. I ran out from the side in the direction of the back of the dragon's body, hoping this would let me go unnoticed.

"REDUCTO!" I shouted over the creature's screeches, shooting it towards the opposition, knocking the whole group back with an explosion.

I couldn't climb a dragon, now that I was here, I was stuck. I held my wand out looking Hermione in the eyes before attempting to apparate on the back. I felt myself land before I had the chance to think about going for it. It was like I landed for a split second and now I was falling.

I felt a cold hand grab mine stopping my fall, I saw Ron holding me up whilst Harry held him from falling along with me. "Are you mental?!" He gasped pulling me up with all his strength. I collapsed on to him gripping hold of anything I could.

- I was meant to get this out last night but I lost track of time and wanted to spend more time on it, I still don't know what is going in with my writing lately <3