38| the talk

"Ginny! Did he do it? You know get rid of the book." I shouted to her running towards her down the hall, at the sound of my voice she spun on her heel to face me ecstatically. "What's got you in such a good mood?" I arched a brow at her seeing her rosy check and her skin practically releasing a glowing mist with happiness. "I need to tell you something, can we go to the lake...wait we need Hermione" I hesitantly nodded getting confused at what could have possibly happened in the last hour or so.

"I suppose we can skip dinner, she's in the Library." Without another word she grabbed my hand dragging me behind towards where Hermione was. When we entered and kept our volume down to avoid Madam Pince's glares. She was sat nose deep in books concentrating her hardest, still trying to figure out who the Half Blood Prince was. Even after months she had gotten nowhere, and I could tell it was bothering her.

"Mione, we're going lake. Come on!" She didn't look so good, her hair frizzier than it normally was and her uniform untidy, very unlike herself. "We'll help you put the books away, won't we Gin?" She nodded eagerly clearly desperate to spill what she had wanted to when I first saw her.

With the amount of books Hermione had out it took us an extra twenty minutes to tidy up her work space, meaning we had at least an hour tops before curfew. "Sorry that took so long guys, I'm swamped. I feel useless!" She cried clearly trying to hide her anger, but then again failing miserably. "Hermione Jean Granger, useless? God what utter bullshit!" She chuckled if anyone could figure out anything, help with anything and save the day. It was Hermione, she was the only one in the group with actual brain cells, yes that includes myself.

"Right Weasley spit it out" I spoke flopping down on the patch of grass before the muddy bed of the lake, she went red at the thought of telling us but was way too impatient not to. She quickly forced herself to sit between Hermione and I, moving her gaze from either one of us awkwardly. "Harry and I, well- we um...we kissed! Oh god that felt so good to say out loud!" She screeched he last few words as she felt relief fill her body now that she didn't keep that information to herself. "YOU WHAT? oh my god finally!" She gave me a baffled stare "you're not mad are you?" She questioned meeting my eyes to try and read my facial expressions.

"Ginny, I get your brother you get mine. How could you ever think I'd be mad! I've been desperate for you to be together for the longest!" I grabbed her shoulders embracing her with such excitement, they had gotten somewhere without my input. I never believed that would happen...

"Ginny I'm so happy for you!" Hermione spoke up hugging her the same as I with a much more pleased expression than she did moments before. "Now all we need is for you to have Ginny's other brother!" I joked and she blushed when she understood what I meant

"who George or Bill?" She joked back trying to be more light-hearted on the topic, "I was thinking Percy fits your style more, you know head boy and all that!" She playfully pushed my shoulder, I was glad how much she changed from the previous years at school. Any mention of Ron as anything of more than a friend point of you before would have caused her to go off in a strop, or slam her books closed, it would anger her very quickly. Now we could joke about it no matter what she was secretly feeling.

"That can be arranged Mione, you and Percy the absolute prat!" Ginny joined only making our laughter increase, turning more into cackling and gasps for air claiming the laughing had began to hurt our stomachs. "Sorry, um- I was just wondering if we can talk...um now?" We were interrupted from someone behind us and we all shot our heads to see, surprised that someone had found us here. I looked over at the girls beside me, my once overjoyed expression now replaced with an anxious one, I nodded my head subtly making it clear I'd be okay and that they should go.

They got up both touching my shoulder for reassurance and I smiled lightly getting nervous on how our 'talk' was going to go. "First of all I'm sorry, the things I said werejustabsolutelyhorrible!"

"Ronnie, bloody hell slow down" my eyes were wide with how rushed her words were as she took a deep breath placing herself where the girls once sat. "Sorry-"

"First of all, you've apologised three times since you got here. It's fine. I hope you know I'm not going to say sorry..." I answered feeling relieved that I wasn't going to give in and take any of the blame, I hadn't done anything wrong except worry for my best friend. Every issue from there was her, I hoped she'd admit that. "You shouldn't have to, it was me all me, I still can't tell you anything but I think we need to do something, to get back to normal." I listened closely to her words suddenly remembering the Veritaserum I still had in my dorm, a light bulb flicked on in my head.

"What about a girls night? Me, you, Ginny, Hermione, Luna and that Slytherin girl your friends with...I could ask Fred how to get into the kitchens." She awkwardly looked at me but nodded her head with a smile, "sounds good, but why do we need the kitchens?"

"God Ronnie, they keep crates of firewhisky in the pantry, and we need snacks of course." Her once lighthearted smile switched to an evil looking grin. "Yes we are doing that this Saturday...but are you sure about Daphne coming?" I rolled my eyes at the question "of course I'm not going to just invite my friends...and force you to show up V!" She chuckled and I was happy with how the situation ended. Only now I had a flood of guilt in the pit of my stomach, could I really go through with this? She'd never forgive me, but what choice do I have?