16| godfather. part 1

I was walking through the corridors feeling tired and worn out from Snape's lessons, the more they happened the more painful and exhausting they would be. I made it to the Gryffindor tower wanting to slip into bed for a week. "Ah there you are darling, are you okay?" Fred asked me as I entered the common room, I responded with a nod and a yawn before flopping down on the sofa he was sitting on my feet landing in his lap.

"I've been meaning to tell you something. I'm not sure how you're going to feel but I want to be honest with you, you know how much George and I hate it here with Umbridge. W- we are actually planning on leaving to get started on the shop." He began rubbing my leg and I could tell by his voice that he was excited but trying to hide it feeling worried by my reaction, so I sat up on my elbows sluggishly giving him a half-hearted smile.

"You know I would never stop you, I wanted you to do this that why I brought you the shop. I- I just can't imagine being here without you." I felt the tears already form at the thought of him leaving.

"Then don't...come with us." If I were here with no one else to care about, I would've said yes in a heartbeat. I think he knew my answer anyway but just had to at least ask. But I had my brother, my friends who all would be stuck here, I knew deep down I would never forgive myself if I left.

But this boy, without him I just can't see myself being okay. His eyes as always would be the thing I miss most, not staring into them each day would kill me.

"You know I can't Freddie, I need to be here with the others. Helping them through everything that's gone to shit right now. I love you I really do, and I want you to do this, for you, to live your dream. I will miss you and George like crazy." I let my tears fall as I leaned into his chest whilst he stroked my hair craving his warmth to drift me off to sleep.

...

Our final O.W.L exam couldn't have been a better one, Defence against the Dark Arts was my speciality and I got told that I helped a lot of students in studying for the exam because of the DA. It had come to half-way through the exam when I had completed it very confident in my answers. A few minutes passed the only noise present was the quills scratching at the student's parchment when a banging erupted from the halls drawing in Umbridge's and the student's attention, after it continued she stood from her chair making her way through the centre of the exam tables towards the door, making her heels smash the floor every time she walked.

Once opening it most of the students had turned in their chairs to see what the issue was when a small orange firework began moving around her face I instantly knew what this was.

Their goodbye.

After a few moments of silence, two tall redheads whizzed in the room on their brooms shooting spells to make our papers fly up all around the room, throwing canisters into the air which exploded into fireworks of all colours. Cheers boomed from the students as I sat on my desk watching in awe at their performance. Fred flew over me purposely dropping a firework which exploded into a pink heart before my eyes, the largest grin formed on my face, at this moment feeling like no one could bring my mood down.

For the final firework, Fred flew out the room as George released the largest canister yet which exploded into a large dragon which aimed straight for the Headmaster making the room burst with fits of laughter as she squealed running away before it chomped down on her causing another explosion of small fireworks to go off. Shattering the framed rules that filled the wall outside making them drop to the floor.

We all began running towards the courtyard to see the twins off in one huge pack. As I made it to the front George was waiting in the air while I ran into Fred's arms, "THAT WAS AMAZING!" I screamed at him as he chuckled "I love you Freddie!" I said still wrapped up in him.