45| serious situations

"Are you coming with us? It's dangerous Kat..."

"Of course I am, I'm not leaving you two to do this alone!" I was pacing nervously now in the small space I had in the astronomy tower. "I wish I didn't have to involve you both, you have accomplished so much in your years that I believe you may be the only ones of use in this mission." Dumbledore spoke up forcing on his signature sweet smile, it looked more crooked than usual, really he only wore it to comfort us.

"The place to which we journey tonight is extremely dangerous, I promised that you could accompany me, I stand by that promise. There is one condition, you both must obey every command I give you. Without question." I nodded swallowing the lump in my throat, I guess it was times like these I understood why I wasn't housed in Gryffindor. I was never as brave as Harry, or even the others. It made sense that I was a Slytherin I had always been ambitious and determined, I had never thought of it that way before but I understood it now.

"Take my arm, both of you"

"Ah shit not this again!" I had come to hate apparition, it was worse than any feeling I had ever felt. I didn't have a choice, there was not a chance in hell that I was leaving my brother alone when Dumbledore himself said this mission was dangerous. I gripped on squeezing my eyes shut as if it would shut out the sickness. "Wait you can't apparate within Hogwarts?" I let go of his arm, reopening my eyes to raise my eyebrows at him, "being me has its privileges...now come on" I held back on with a approving smirk, Dumbledore fascinated me. His power was so intense yet he was so humble.

The next thing I knew everything went black; I was pressed forcefully from all directions, I was being twisted from the inside out. I couldn't breathe, my eyes were still being squeezed shut as well as a white noise ringing sharply in my ears. I suppose I believed it to get easier and less awful the more you do it, but that wasn't the case for me. I hadn't done it in months so maybe that was the issue but I knew that I couldn't travel like this on a daily, like other wizards and witches do.

I felt my feet harshly hit the ground although it still felt like I was floating, I refused to open my eyes until the nausea passed. It was strange I could feel the droplets of water spraying across my legs, the sea salt scent filling the air around us.

We were stood in the middle of the ocean. The literal middle of the fucking ocean.

"Oh this is useful, I thought you were the greatest wizard of all time and you can't even get apparition right?" I snapped throwing my hands about for emphasis, I would much rather be packing my bags for the holiday like I planned, but no I'm here like a complete moron. Dumbledore was gazing into an opening in the rocks by the shore, when I say rocks I really mean mountain sized. "If we're meant to be there, then why are we stood on this rock?" He held out his arm once again and I gripped back on with a roll of my eyes, what a waste of time that was, he must really want me to suffer going through apparition again.

If I'm honest the apparition the second time didn't bother me much, I had adjusted to it quite quickly that time, thankfully. Though now the darkness seemed to swallow up the air beneath me. It wasn't difficult to see but being in such a large space with very little light made it seem much smaller. The echo of water trickling giving a creepy feel to it, "this is it, oh yes this place has known magic..." Dumbledore said walking around inspecting the areas of the cave within a short walking distance.

He brought out a small pocket knife pointing it towards his palm "SIR!" I shouted as he jammed it into his hand I attempted to grab it from him but even Harry held me back, "in order to gain passage, payment must be made"

"God sir, we could have done that!" I snapped at him, yes we agreed to follow his commands but that doesn't mean a man in shitty condition anyway should have to put himself in worse. "Your blood is much more valuable than mine, keep that in mind..." I scoffed at him before walking ahead not wanting to drag out the task, we had no clue what could lie in this cave or who could have gotten here before us. I had to spin back around when I heard the rumbling and crashing of rocks moving and hitting the floor.