5| it's been playing on my mind

When Harry returned back to the common room Katherine was sat with her head resting on Fred's shoulder, her eyes red from crying with her drenched sleeve constantly wiping at them as Fred stroked Kat's hair to soothe her.

Ginny, Hermione and George sat around them on the sofa's while Ron had stormed off in anger straight after leaving the hall, none of them went after him as they all thought he was acting out of confusion or jealousy. As soon as Katherine's brother walked in their heads shot up in his direction giving him paranoid looks of 'tell us everything' as Kat sighed, relieved he had returned to calm her nerves.

Harry informed them straight away that he has to compete, that the Goblet of fire creates a 'Magical binding contract' there was no way out of it, the tears stopped as Katherine tried to process his information. Her twin brother would have to take part in a competition for seventeen-year-olds, at the age of fourteen. How on earth is that fair?

"Harry you know I have to ask-" Kat began to question guiltily.

"No I didn't put my name in the goblet" He responded at she nodded her head, believing him completely.

She stood out of her seat pulling her twin into a comforting hug, her heart was breaking for him.

*

Katherine was sat at the Gryffindor table the next morning for breakfast, getting stares and hearing whispers being passed around up and down the table, she didn't have much of an appetite as she pushed the food on her plate around with her fork with such a disinterest for it. Katherine and her short temper could only take so much as the whispers spread across all four of the tables surrounding her including the one she was sat at so, she quickly shot her head up to face them all, her face Scarlett with anger.

"If you lot wanna say something to me personally, then say it. If not, go back to eating your food and let's hope you choke on it!" She shouted not caring whether the teachers heard and with that she pushed her plate away ignoring Ginny and Hermione's astonished faces at her sudden outburst, storming out the Hall.

Not really knowing where she was headed, Kat just knew she had to be alone with her thoughts. She had always known she got the bad temper out of her and Harry but she felt anger like never before towards anyone and everyone who spoke to her or even stared at her during these times. Katherine could feel their judgement without even needing them to say a word, she had never cared for anyone's opinion and she still didn't, it was the assumptions and acting as if we are distasteful people that bothered her.

Someone started running after her down the corridor, telling her to wait up but she didn't stop. Kat just wanted to get as far away from everyone as possible. She kept the same pace still blankly ignoring their calls, not necessarily caring who she was ignoring.

"Woah slow down there Potter." Katherine finally turned to see Cedric standing behind her with an apologetic smile as she still held the angered expression, hoping he knew it wasn't directed at him "Wanna go for a walk?"

She  just nodded at him in response wiping her teary eyes with her sleeves as they began walking with each other down the hallways. As they rounded a corner, Katherine bumped into someone's chest and began to mumble an apology to him. When she looked up, she saw Fred standing close with a sympathetic look.

He half-smiled causing her to give a half-hearted smile in return before he looked up seeing Cedric standing beside her. He let out a huff and his face fell, she could instantly see the anger as it looked like it was aimed at her, storming off without a word this only made her want to cry once more, what did she do to him?