86| fresh wounds need time to heal

I was up early, again. I don't think I'd had a proper night sleep in a day or two. It wasn't the right time for me to be sleeping like utter shit, especially with the fact that I'd have to leave today. I'd waited long enough to get back to the others.

-

"Katherine?" I heard someone whispering while shaking me, "why are you on the sofa?" I opened my eyes seeing Fred hovering above me with a concerned look in his eye. I didn't remember falling asleep nor did I remember even coming into the living room. I was far too tired to come up with an excuse so I ended up ignoring him. He knew something was off, he had done for a few days now. I expected it, with my refusal for him to touch me and just not participating in a conversation with him. He was bound to find out. I didn't have the energy to act normal, it was draining me.

"What's going on with you, you're being weird with me." He sat beside me once I swung my legs over the side to put them on the floor. I felt myself flinch when he placed his hand on my knee.

This made his jaw drop and his eyes widen. I didn't know how to behave around him anymore.

"Please just stop. Stop trying to touch me, talk to me or even be near me. I can't stand it...in fact, I can't stand you." I stood up refusing to look at him, if I saw his expression I would end up caving and apologising and he didn't deserve that from me. I stormed out, leaving the room.

It shouldn't have felt good. I was tired and would most likely regret this when I was in the right state of mind but for now, it felt like a weight off of my shoulders. Standing up to him like that made me feel powerful, he's getting what he deserves.

Fred took the things I said seriously. I hadn't seen him for the rest of the day. Even during meals, George made some small excuse for him to get out of coming down from his room.

Molly was suspicious too, she kept eyeing me from her chair as if she was trying to read my mind. They would find out soon enough, we can't keep what's going on a secret.

We kept talking to a minimum George catching my eye every few minutes. He looked angry with me. I wasn't curious as to why due to the fact I was uninterested in anyone else's input. I just kept my head down to relieve myself of the awkwardness.

"Kat." George grabbed my attention while I was carrying dishes to the sink, he was motioning out into the hall discreetly. I looked back at the counter and slammed the plates down before stomping out towards him. I was just as mad with George as I was with Fred.

I remember the words George said to me before Bill and Fleur's wedding. I was scared Fred would sleep with other people then too, he said he would murder him if he did. But when it actually comes down to it, George doesn't even have the balls to tell me when Fred doesn't.

It made me sick, the feeling of being lied to by those I love the most. I never thought I could feel this way.

I walked into the hallway with my arms crossed ready to give George a piece of my mind, but it was empty, he was nowhere to be seen.

"George? This isn't funny-" I groaned but heard nothing from him. I gasped as someone grabbed me from behind, dragging me into the storage cupboard beside me. The light string was pulled and George was stood there with a furious expression. I stared at him in shock. I was the one that should be angry, not him.

"Don't look at me like I've done something wrong. You are just as bad as Fred." I spat whilst shaking my head, attempting to walk out but he blocked my exit, locking it so I was trapped.

"Fred hasn't done anything and I sure as hell haven't!" He looked me in the eyes and it made me question everything. I knew he was lying but he made it so believable it made me think not even George knew about it all. "This better not be about Mika." He waited for my response but rolled his eyes when he didn't get an answer, he acted like I was crazy for thinking about it in the first place. "I've already told you, you have nothing to worry about!"