7| the first task

"I have been worried sick, not coming home all night is so unlike you Katherine Lily Potter!" She gasped smugly giving me a look of 'tell me everything!' as soon as I entered the common room, I was quick to try to sneak up to the dorms but she stood in my path practically demanding an answer from me. I looked suspicious my hair wasn't in good condition, my clothes being a minimal shorts and tight pyjama top.

"Oh shut it, Ronnie!" I joked trying to lighten the mood and not make the situation so tense. I awkwardly stood in my space really desperate not to have to explain myself.

"So where has our Potter been all night then?" Seb spoke up from the couch he was sat on as I turned to face him not even realising he was in the room, giving me a worried glance.

"Fell asleep in the Gryffindor common room by accident" I walked over to him flopping my head in his lap still feeling exhausted after waking up at half six. I hadn't really cared whether they believed my excuse as I wouldn't admit that it was a lie, meaning they wouldn't get anything more out of me.

"Ah I know, you were knocking boots with Fred weren't you?" Ronnie spoke up mouth wide open with excitement, my eyes widened as I hadn't even had a proper first kiss yet. That is unless you count Neville back in the third year, but that was technically more of a sloppy wet head-but.

"Knocking boots? Your disgusting" I exasperated with my nose scrunched up in disgust at her use of words.

"But you were with Fred!" She was so certain of herself, which obviously meant I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of admitting it. Ever.

"Aw has Kat bagged a Weasley?" Taylor shouted from the top of the stairs causing me to lift my head from Seb's lap to see who was there. Once I saw I rolled my eyes at his involvement in my teasing

"Ugh not you too Taylor!" They both nodded to him and I groaned at them wanting the whole conversation to end.

-

After showering and changing I decided to skip breakfast and head down to the black lake with Harry and Neville, we were looking over some spells for him to practise to get him ready for the first task when Hermione, Ginny and Ron came over "Ronald would like me to tell you, that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you."

I rolled my eyes turning to the redhead "Hermione's not your owl Ron if you want to tell Harry something be a man and tell him. You're being pathetic." Ron just scoffed at me gesturing the group to follow him walking off Ginny looking back to give me an apologetic smile, which I reciprocated not liking the separation we had in our group at the moment. I also didn't like the fact that Hermione had clung to Ron during their argument when Harry was hardly in the wrong. Ginny I could understand but Mione too?

...

When Harry was going to see Hagrid he invited me to come along, I agreed to come to see what all the fuss was about. We were following him through the Forbidden Forest after hours to have less risk of getting caught. Large roars were heard in the distance startling me, making me regret tagging along in the first place. The pathway was barely visible the only light source being the lantern in Hagrid's hand, I had tripped over branches at least thirty times making me irritated with the long walk we were completing. Once we were stood in a clearing Hagrid ushered us under Harry's invisibility cloak to keep us out of sight. The Beaubaxton Headmistress was greeting Hagrid a bit too friendly, making me and Harry make fake gagging noises to each other trying to contain our laughter so we wouldn't get caught.