72| over-thinker

"Let fucking go of me!" I squirmed in Pettigrew's hold as he followed Bellatrix's order to put me in the cellar. He looked terrified to be around me, after all, he knew how much I loathed him. "I'm going to kill you, bastard!"

He unlocked the cellar door, quickly pushing me inside as if he thought I would stand a chance escaping with all those death eaters upstairs. "Rot in hell!" I screamed banging against the bars on the door, he scurried away with his hands out in front of him like his animagus would.

I was shitting it, it would be an impossible decision. To see someone I love being tortured in front of me, or to choose to give up my friend's location.

I felt so useless.

The atmosphere of the basement was dark. You could hear a distant trickle of water and the air itself felt damp. I could see parts of the room but it looked completely empty. "Fuck. Shit. Pricks!" I shouted to myself, gripping my hair in my hands.

"Katherine?"

"Who the Fucks that?" I lifted my head but no one was around me. I wandered forward knowing if I was down here wandless they most likely would be. "Katherine!"

"Luna? Oh my god!" I hadn't even seen her yet but I couldn't miss her unmistakable soft voice. I peeked around the corner leading into a separate part of the cellar and she was sat by the wall, she didn't look injured thank god.

"How did you know it was me?" I smiled kneeling beside her.

"I've never heard anyone swear as much as you do!" She weakly smiled back inspecting me, she could see I was in a complete state but she didn't want to question why.

"What on earth are you doing here? Are you hurt? What did they do to you?" I was rambling on, forcing plenty of questions at her, I was completely shocked to see her of all people.

"I'm okay, stop worrying, they haven't hurt me" I nodded hugging her tightly, "you shouldn't be here you know..."

"I know that, I didn't mean to." I sighed taking her hand, she looked slightly thinner than the last time I had seen her, she told me not to worry yet that's all I seemed to be doing. Her platinum blonde hair was longer, and no matter what she was going through right now, she still had the happy glow in her eyes that made you feel comforted and warm.

It had been months since I had seen her or even thought about her. I had been so consumed for those close to me in danger that I had let those who returned to Hogwarts slip my mind. I should of at least known that they would be in danger, the school was overrun.

Snape as the headmaster would in no way be pleasant, especially not with death eaters as professors.

"Luna, how long have you been here?" I mumbled looking around for anything, food or water.

"Since the start of term, I'm not sure how long ago that was."

I gasped, that was weeks ago now. If she had been down here for so long, without being tortured, what could they possibly need her for? "I've missed you..." I spoke softly pulling her up from her spot on the floor. She had been sitting in water, her clothes drenched and dirty, she hadn't been well fed and god did I wish I could change that.

I walked us over to beside the entrance, it was dirty yet dry there so I assumed it would be a better place to rest. We sat in silence side by side, listening to the small echoing noises radiating from upstairs, it was a scary situation. Never in my life did I think I would be faced with a decision like this. It was even worse now that Luna was involved, another person at risk, and there's not a single thing I could do to stop it.

Luna was innocent. In every way a person is, the girl couldn't hurt a fly if she tried. There's not a single person that I could think of that doesn't deserve this as much as her.

"I was-" we both quickly looked in the direction of the gate swinging open, I gripped onto her hand tightly, knowing that this would most likely be it. "I love you."

"I love you too Katherine." She sweetly answered back as I stood from the floor. She tried to uphold her kind and unbothered smile but she looked frightened, for me, for herself. She had every right to, of course, you'd be stupid not to fear it all.

I snarled at Pettigrew who had come to retrieve me, walking straight by him most definitely not wanting him to escort or even touch me. "I can walk myself, thank you very much." I gave Luna one more reassuring smile and sighed when she was out of sight. As I always do, my mind jumped to the worse conclusions. Perhaps that would be the last time we see each other.

"The guest of honour, we brought your lover man..." Bellatrix howled as I came into view of the room, my eyes squinted readjusting to the brightness outside the window. I bit my cheeks in order to keep in my tears and complete outburst, I know for a fact I would lash out at the thought of my boyfriend being here. It would be my fault.

"Greyback! Bring the boy in!" She screeched holding her wand at her cheek innocently, god I just wanted to launch for her right there.

I watched intently at the door, waiting for Fred Weasley to walk in, in the grasp of Fenrir Greyback. I continued biting at my lips anxiously, this could not be happening. I dropped to my knees, hoping this would prepare me for what I was going to see.

I heard the door open harshly so I lifted myself on to my heel slightly, a grinning from ear to ear Fenrir walked in, his hand gripped tightly around the familiar red hair, keeping his head down.

I screamed seeing him, I hadn't even seen his face yet I was broken. I had done this, I had caused this.

Within seconds Fred was thrown to the floor, I attempted to rush to his side but I was held back by the same man who had taken me in the first place. "FUCKING LET GO OF ME! PLEASE!" I was squirming uncontrollably, I just needed to see him, speak to him if I could.

"Let her. It might be the last time." Bella smirked, pacing around allowing her black heels to crash against the tiled flooring.

I crawled to his side, moving his now much longer hair out of his face. I was in complete shock.

This wasn't Fred, fuck.

They had George. They hadn't brought my boyfriend they had brought my best friend. He attempted a smile looking up at me and gave me a look, telling me not to say anything.

"Fred Weasley is it?"

"Indeed, Lestrange." He groaned pushing himself up onto his elbows, he had the same cheeky look in his eyes even in a situation like this. She grunted at his mockery, sending a small simple nod towards Greyback.

Fenrir came towards us, kicking George in the face aggressively. I was begging for him to stop resting George's head on my lap, he was out. Completely passed out. He had blood smeared along his nose, mouth and cheeks. It was brutal.

He looked just how he did in my bogart, was this my deepest fear coming true? Surely not, he was only injured, not dead. I kept repeating this to myself over and over, hoping it would keep me sane and calm. It didn't work in the slightest, 'maybe they will kill him when he wakes?'

I hated being an over-thinker sometimes.

"Now, here's what you're going to do Potter..."

- I can't express how sorry I am for not updating as much as I used to. I try to write chapters but after 12 hour shifts, I'm exhausted and my brain barely works. I don't want to let you down, just know I'm trying ❤️