107| denouement

The sun beaming through the window, the distant sound of people giggling and rushing around to prepare everything. Katherine wasn't panicking though. She sat at the dresser, Hermione pinning her hair back as Katherine stared down at the hand on her stomach. She was still in her pyjamas because Mione wanted to do the order of events by the book. It didn't bother Kat, whether today went horribly and everything was out of place, it would have the same outcome; that was enough.

"What do you think?" Hermione asked and Katherine just nodded with a faint smile on her lips. "Show some interest in your appearance, please." She huffed, placing the curling wand on the dresser inspecting her own makeup in the mirror. Wiping her finger across the outline of her lips to fix her lipstick.

"I have to go see Sirius and Arthur," Katherine mumbled, glancing at the dress hanging from the door. She was excited but was hating all the fuss, she only agreed for it to be big for Molly's sake. If it was her choice, she'd wake up and marry Fred in what she was wearing. In reality, she is okay with making compromises, as long as they were married. She turned to face Mione as she didn't respond and Hermione nodded to her as she left the room.

"Don't let Fred see you!" She yelled as she shut the door, Kat just rolled her eyes knowing he wouldn't even be awake yet. Either way, she has had enough bad luck in her life for it to not affect their lives in any way.

She walked down the stairs, hearing Molly give directions for flower placements. She was being irritatingly specific but it was expected. It was hard enough to get Molly to agree for them both to have multiple best men and maid of honours.

Katherine slipped into the living room before Molly could see her, as she would get pounced on for not being dressed. Arthur, Sirius and Remus were sat on the sofa's, beers in their hands as they were watching a sport they didn't understand on a muggle television. They were all sat similarly, their elbows on their knees and their eyes glued to the screen by the window. Sirius and Remus were sat with their hands touching slightly, unaware that anyone would see. She was ecstatic to see them open like this, even if they hadn't told her directly.

"Remus," Kat called out from the doorway, she watched as the two jumped apart and he turned to her slightly whilst still trying to keep tabs on the score. "Could I have a minute with these two?" He nodded with a grunt at having to leave the room. Standing up slowly in order to have more watching time.

"You look beautiful." He whispered as he made his way to the door and she could finally fill his now empty space.

She reached for the remote on the table, switching it off. Getting the reactions she had expected. Moaning from both men who were so intrigued by it. "I have something important to ask." She sighed, staring at them both deeply to shut them up. Sirius carried on for a little longer but eventually sat waiting for her to speak.

"Fine but only because I don't want to deal with your hormones right now," Sirius mumbled bringing a pillow in his arms, sulking like a child. Arthur just gave a slight smirk at his retort.

"You have both been like fathers to me for a long as I can remember," Katherine said. "I can not possibly choose between you two, so will you both walk me down the aisle?"

Sirius' face lit up, his eyes wide as he turned to Arthur, who was a lot calmer. Sirius had already stood up, walking towards her with his arms open. She grinned and stood up to hug him. Arthur came slowly behind waiting for his turn. "You're father would be giving me the finger right now." Sirius chuckled, sticking his finger up to the ceiling making her shake her head in disbelief.

"I appreciate this, Katherine. Thank you." Arthur replied, side-eyeing Sirius like an idiot. "Now go get ready before Molly has a heart attack." He pointed to the door and she walked away from them both, hearing Sirius say that she only picked Arthur because he himself is so pretty all the attention would be on him rather than the bride.