83| envy

Once again I found myself on the porch. Molly refused to leave me unattended so she stayed by the window watching my every move. I could feel her eyes on me and it made me feel so safe and protected. Just knowing she was there made me feel warm.

I felt relieved.

A weight had been taken off my shoulder for a second, only a second. The breeze running through my hair, tickling my cheeks as it moved. The rush I got when my arms erupted in goosebumps. It made me feel alive.

But I still couldn't help the pit in my stomach reminding me that the war was coming. We would lose loved ones, maybe those closest to us. I wouldn't cope with that, any of those I love are ones I can't live without. I would do anything within my power to protect them, even if that means me dying in the process.

"Dear, Ginny said if you want to see Fred now would be the best time." Molly interrupted my thoughts and I turned around breathing in and out before standing up and entering through the back door.

I still had my clothes here from before we went on the run so I was able to change into something comfortable. I was planning on seeing Fred and George and bringing them back here to tell everyone the news at once. But I had the feeling we would get distracted in conversation.

"Please be careful." Molly's voice cracked holding both sides of my face in her warm soft hands, I made a quick nod while she kissed my forehead. Leaving her felt too sudden like it was the last time. I had spent so long trying to get back to the family that leaving them now, even if only for a little while, scared me.

"I will bring them both back here to explain what's going on," I said whilst stepping into the fireplace. She sniffled bringing a tissue to her nose before holding out the pot of Floo powder for me to take. "Wizards Weasley Wheezes," I spoke the words seeing Molly's figure disappear behind the thick green flames.

I had my eyes closed but shot them open at the sudden loss of movement. I was here but it didn't look like it. Everything was burnt, broken, shattered or knocked over. The walls were stained black making the once colourful shop that every wizard or witch loved seem so unloving, it didn't look magical anymore. I stepped out, hearing the crunch of glass beneath my shoes with my jaw wide open at the sight. I was kneeling down looking at the disregarded joke shop products. Still seeing my empty section in the corner waiting for me to join them at work. I couldn't believe that this had all happened, they were the last people on earth to deserve this.

"Oh thank god!" George shouted dropping the boxes he held in his hands to the floor to rush over to me. He towered over me stroking my hair delicately, refusing to let me go. I embraced him for a few minutes, enjoying the sheer amount of comfort it gave me.

I eventually looked up to meet his eyes arching a brow at him trying to pinpoint the change. "What?" He smirked letting me go walking over to the tabletop in the centre of the room.

"Your hair- you got it cut again already?" I groaned knowing that if George had it done, so did Fred. I liked there longer hair, not so long like they had it in my fourth year but much longer than they had it now. "I told him I didn't want him to cut it anymore." I crossed my arms over my chest with a fake frown strolling over to the boxes George dropped on the floor to clear them up. "Where is Fred anyway?" I mumbled getting a strange feeling for his whereabouts. It wasn't like Fred to not be trying his hardest to salvage anything he could.

"Um...upstairs, just give him a minute or two." He stuttered and I immediately knew I was right, something was off. George must've known if he told me to stay put I would do the exact opposite. I placed the boxes on the remaining counter before sprinting off up the stairs before George could stop me. He was shouting for me to stop but I wasn't prepared to listen.