30| book of letters

"No Fred, Giddy is in there!" I screeched whilst in his hold, I cried out full of emotion at all that had occurred tonight. "No, love he's not I let him outside when we got back..." I sighed a large breath of relief at the thought of my beloved baby being okay. I released Fred pecking his cheek half-heartedly before making my way to the others comforting the younger Weasley's in their time of need. Their home, their belongings, everything destroyed had broke them. Ginny sobbed in my arms looking at the structure of her house still falling, "I'm so sorry Gin, it's all going to be okay." She didn't reply, she didn't have to she just gripped on to me tighter, making my eyes well once again.

"Ron..." I called out releasing Ginny as he attempted to keep his strong posture, not withdrawing his wide eyes from the place his house once firmly stood. I pulled him into me affectionately wanting him to lose the 'stiff' stance, which he eventually did trying his hardest not to release any tears. We hadn't had a proper conversation since we arrived at the Burrow but neither one of us cared for that at this moment.

...

Luckily with magic the Burrow could be repaired over time, as it was early in the morning they mended the first floor so we could at least have shelter for the night. We were sat in silence in the living room, everyone cuddling with someone. No one dared to say a word and break the silence, every one in the room had looks of distraught plastered on their faces. Fred had his head on my chest as I stroked his hair, smoothing it back down over and over while I rested my head on George's shoulder. Harry and Ginny were together as well as Ron and Hermione, I couldn't help but be happy at the sight even in these depressing times.

"Come on tea is on the table." Molly spoke from the doorway, the majority of the people got up straight away heading through the kitchen door clearly needing the warmth from the tea Molly had just brewed. I stayed in my spot as Fred still slept on my chest, I laid back in the spot George once sat now having my boyfriend sleeping peacefully on top of me. It didn't take long for him to stir awake looking up at me with such admiration, making me blush even after all this time together.

"I never got to give you your gift..." he spoke sleepily. "What? That date wasn't my present?" I questioned shocked that there was more to it than that, "you're so grateful, of course I got you an actual gift. The date was just some time for us to be alone. The gift- it's not much but I wanted it to be meaningful" I smiled and pulled him back into me, cuddling him affectionately.

"It's in the kitchen I'll be right back..." with that he climbed off of me quickly placing a light kiss on my forehead before scurrying out of the room. I sat in my place with a gleaming smile, he could make my mood switch no matter what I was feeling, it was impossible not to be sad at the moment yet somehow he made me happy despite it.

"Here love" he quickly handed a rectangle wrapped present and without hesitation I ripped into it, revealing a plain book. I was moments from opening the first page when he stopped me by grabbing my hand. I looked up at him with my eyebrows raised "I wasn't initially going to give this to you, they were going to be private, for me only. But it really shows how much I love and care for you Kat..." I smiled, successfully opening the book this time.

What I saw were hand written letters, in Fred's writing stuck to each page "what are these?" I asked while running my thumb across the smooth dried ink that stained the page. "These are the things I wanted to say to you while we were apart, but I just couldn't bring myself to send them... then I thought I would want to be with you when you read them, so you can see my honesty." Reading over the first one had already made my eyes flood, the raw emotional he had poured into these pages quite literally melted my heart.

Letter one:

' Kat,
I know I should send this, but I also know I won't. After everything we've been through I want you to know everything. How I feel when I look at you, how I feel when I hear your voice, god how I feel even when you look at me. I just don't think I can describe it, I never thought I could feel like this about anyone, but yet again you've proved me wrong. You'd think my childish, irresponsible and unserious personality/behaviour would have driven you away by now, but to my luck your still with me. Even if you're not physically with me.

It's safe to say I don't ever want to be without you, I can only hope you feel the same. A few more years, that's all I keep telling myself, a few more years and where will we be? I can only wish it's me and you (+ George) living in the flat, working tirelessly on new products, starting our life together.

I love you more than words can describe, I hope you know that...
Freddie'

I sobbed the happiest tears closing the book to not dampen the pages planning on reading the other letters later, the water streaming down my cheeks as I upheld the largest smile. "I can't believe you'd ever question it, I want all of that Freddie, I love you. Always." I pushed of faces together, passionately kissing him climbing onto his lap. Feeling undoubtedly blessed.

"Really? Come on!" Ron called from the doorway, midway entering the living room making us pull apart in shock, it's obvious we did look odd in the position we were in. I chuckled brushing it off now wrapping my arms around his neck for a hug.

...

Returning back to Hogwarts felt the slightest bit relieving, the protection at Hogwarts was undoubtedly better than the Burrow's was right now. Christmas was like nothing we had expected so we could only hope that going back to school was for better than for worse. I planned on finding Ronnie first as she hadn't responded to the owls I had sent her over the holidays, worrying me. I also wanted to see Hermione to check if she was feeling any better since her departure, that last time I saw her. However, by the time we had arrived it was straight to the Great Hall for dinner and then off to bed, it was strange that Hogwarts was being forced rapidly around unlike usual.

Even more to my disappointment Ronnie's bed was empty well into the night, I managed to keep awake until 2am hoping for her to show. But she didn't, I was questioning anything and everything about it trying not to make assumptions of her whereabouts. Soon after that I grew exhausted from the little sleep we had the night before so I drifted off over-thinking any possibility. It wasn't a secret that Ronnie had been different, more closed off since her return at the start of the year. Question is why? I had already tried to ask but she refused, maybe a second time is worth a shot.