25| christmas party

Hermione and I had stuck together the past few weeks avoiding Ron at all costs, afraid that she would break down or I would go bat shit crazy on him. Even I can admit, I definitely would.

Lavender on the other hand has been receiving snarky comments from me all week, and I couldn't have cared any less to be honest, I hated her for what she did to my best friend, for the divide she has put in our friend group but I hated Ron more.

Unfortunately, spending my full time with Hermione and Ronnie meant we were both stuck in the library whenever possible. Although we both accepted it as her distraction and agreed to go with her, until she was out of her fragile state.

After atleast 4 hours of reading over our topics this year, Mione finally decided to call it a night after Ronnie had left a while ago. We were packing away our books when she annoyingly heard Ron and Harry talking in a further section.

"I can't help it she's got her knickers in a twist, but what Lav and I have... well let's just say there's no stopping her." Ron had this cocky attitude about the drama making me want to rip my hair out in frustration at his arrogance.

"Come on Mione we're leaving!" I spoke loudly so he knew of our presence while taking the books from her hands and slamming them on a table.

"I can't just leave the-" Hermione started but I quickly interrupted not wanting to hear her moaning about how she can't leave the library un-tidy for Madam Pince.

As soon as we entered the Gryffindor common room Hermione began pacing ranting about what had previously happened. "He has the liberty to kiss whoever he likes I really couldn't care less, was I under the impression he and I would attend Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes, now given the circumstances I've had to make other arrangements."

"You have?"

"Yes."

"Well either way I was thinking we could go together?"

"Ugh- why didn't I think of that! It's too late now I already have a date. Anyway you should ask Fred."

"Fred? Do you think he'd come? And anyway more importantly who is your date" I thought through the boys in our year and no one came to mind to fit what Hermione would be looking for. "Um- it's a surprise, and of course he'd come!"

...

'Freddie,
There's this stupid dinner party on Friday that you have to have to bring someone for, be my date?

Love, K x'

I quickly handed Amyra the letter in order to let him know before it's too late, excited to see him after so many weeks. I was lost in thought thinking about what I would do when I see him before Giddy purred at my leg rubbing against it for attention. I lifted him up in to my arms on his back scratching at his stomach, every time I saw him I thought of mine and Fred's happiest memories making me smile widely. "What you doing up?" I turned my head in surprise at the sound of a voice in the common room at one am, but it wasn't one I wanted to hear or someone I wanted to see "Nothing I'm going to bed." I stood from my seat walking over to the stairs to make a rapid escape.

"You can't just basically ignore me forever you know Ka?t" He scoffed clearly regaining his arrogant side.

"I know that Malfoy, but I'm sure as hell gonna try." With that I left not even being able to look into his eyes at the thought of him working for the Dark Lord, the man who killed my parents, took away my childhood and killed Cedric. The thought of him being so broken and forced made me feel the slightest of pity but whenever that feeling made it's way up I would immediately shut it down as the bad clearly outweighed the good.