62| straight and simple

All us girls were helping Molly set up the food on the extended kitchen table, still covered as we wouldn't be eating until after the ceremony. The boys hadn't even come downstairs and I seriously doubt they would be ready.

I had briefly seen Bill but he was almost impossible to have a proper conversation with as he was so nervous, bless him. I had seen George go to the toilet but get straight back in bed, unfortunately Molly had made me wake them up properly.

I knocked on the door confidently, not letting this small encounter I would be having with Fred effect me, after all I wanted to talk to him like George had said. Once again there was no reply so I walked in side, they were laying similarly to how they were the last time I had woken them for the Quidditch final.

"WAKE UP YOU GITS!" I quoted exactly as I did the first time, George was the first to respond by saying "fuck sake, we still have an hour till the ceremony, that gives us forty more minutes to sleep!" I chuckled opening the curtains closest to his bed, only resulting in more moaning.

"Get up and get out, I need a chat with the morning monster." I grinned cheekily and he rolled his eyes getting up and putting on a shirt from the floor, "good luck with that. I'll come to your funeral!" I made a face at him just before he left, now opening the curtains by Fred's side of the room.

"We need to talk." I spoke softly sitting on the edge of his mattress, "does it have to be right now?" Fred groaned into his pillow as he pushed himself onto his back. "Yes, so quit being a moody person in the morning for five minutes." I stared at him in the eyes so he knew this was serious, this made him shut up and sit up. "I don't know what we are anymore, with the fact that I could be leaving any minute now I want to know-"

"I-"

"And before you avoid the question, I want it straight and simple. Are we together or not?" I sounded stern but that didn't match how I was feeling, I was a wreck of nerves behind the act I was so perfectly presenting. "I- I think we need this..."

"I said I want a straight answer Fred, that's not a straight answer." I knew exactly what he meant by it. It all sounded ridiculous but that wasn't what angered me. "No, I think we should talk about it when you're back. Everything can go back to how it was when you're back..."

"So that's it? We're not together? You know how fucked that sounds right? I'm away while you're single, can you really not go that long without having fucking sex?" I spat moving further and further away from him. "You know I would never Kat-"

"Do I? All I know is that I wouldn't even have an opportunity to do anything with anyone else yet, you have as much time as you'd like. Go ahead, fuck some other girl but there is no chance that this" I motioned with my finger pointing towards the both of us "is going back to normal..." I sighed for a moment wondering whether I was being dramatic or thinking too deep into this, but I concluded that I didn't care. Him saying this was dodgy there's no other way to put it.

"I trust you when we are together Fred, but if we are not...I could be gone for a year for all I know, I can't put my trust in you with that." It was awkwardly silent as I stood by the door, we both refused to look at each other and I wasn't really sure what else I could add... "Your mum wants you up and ready, she's stressing like crazy I think you should just do as she says..." I mumbled and turned for the door, dropping the conversation. I didn't feel the need to cry like I had expected, it felt unrealistic in my mind, like none of it was actually real life.

"How you doing? Did it go alright?" George asked, now in his lavender shirt and waistcoat, his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth. "No, I'll tell you all about it but let's go to the kitchen, I need a drink."

"It's eleven AM..."

"Even better." I grunted and he chuckled following me down the stairs, slowly behind me as I watched my step carefully to not trip in my heels.