50| secrecy

"I don't think I'm gonna go back..."

"It wouldn't be safe for you, or Harry anyway."

"I want to, don't get me wrong. But I doubt even the order would even allow it." I laid in Fred's arms both of us staring to the ceiling, I was wondering how we had even gotten to this topic after waking up only minutes before. "Come live with me, well and George." My eyes widened even if he couldn't see it, did he just ask me to move in?

"What?" I choked out, I wasn't sure why I had gotten so nervous by that one question. But my throat had dried up, obviously I wouldn't turn this down. "Move in with us, would you rather live here where we would have to have supervised visits?" I chuckled at his actually reasonable argument, "you're right I can't deal with that." I grinned flipping over to face him.

"I feel like the next step is marriage, get moving Freddie." I joked and he looked stunned, "don't push it love" I shouldn't of felt disappointed, it wasn't necessarily what he said it was how he said it. He had a tone that sounded like there's 'no chance in hell that's happening', then again I tend to overthink on things like this. I tried my hardest to hide it through my facial expressions. Whether he saw it or not, I had no idea.

"I'm hungry, you coming?" I jumped up from my spot, not really in the mood now to continue this conversation. "I'll jump in the shower, I'll come down after." I nodded, leaving the room awkwardly. It made me really question whether what Ron said to me was true, 'he sees everything with you, kids, marriage, the lot.' But then I also had to convince myself that maybe he just didn't mean right now. Then again I was just about to turn seventeen, that is rather young to be thinking about or expecting all of that.

-

"Morning oldie, morning twinny"

"Alright let me see" Sirius mocked trying to move my hair covering my neck, I swatted him away aggressively. It was mere minutes since I had woken up I was definitely not in the mood for his teasing. "There, happy?" I showed him both sides that were clear of any purple or red marks. "Very." He smiled proudly, thinking his tactics had worked.

They did, unfortunately.

Fred and I went to sleep not long after we got into bed last night, I hated it. Normally the first night getting back with each other was the- wildest to say the least...

"We are having an order meeting later on today, they said you two aren't allowed to be in here." Sirius himself sounded like he hated that we couldn't be involved, he had always supported us being included as we are pretty much in the centre of it all anyway. "Really, still? We're almost seventeen, surely we can join now" I rolled my eyes opening the kitchen cupboards to search for cereal or any form of food.

"That's what I said but they wouldn't listen, I would say go to Diagon alley with Ron and Hermione but it isn't safe." I would've liked the sound of that but I also would've hated the thought of leaving while they discuss their next move. I nodded unenthusiastically agreeing to be upstairs while it goes on, then again I know I would eavesdrop.

"You really need to do a food shop!" I groaned, slamming the cupboard closed after having no luck in finding anything edible.

-

"Katherine, dear. How wonderful to see you."

"Ah, hi Molly!" As usual she pulled me into a tight hug, squeezing the life out of me. "The rest of the order are in the kitchen, you must head upstairs." She cupped my face in her hand giving me the serious, motherly look, almost forcing me to listen to her. "Yes, yes Sirius informed me that we still can't attend." I sounded fed up, which I had never intended to do in front of Molly. I always acted cheery in front of her as she always made me feel that way.

"Now, don't pout. It's for your protection." I nodded slightly resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I pulled her hand from my cheek giving it a reassuring squeeze to confirm that I would listen. I quickly turned for the stairs.

"Molly, are Ron and Ginny here?" I turned back around to face her, not recalling seeing them come through the door. "No they stayed home, this meeting has to be very secretive." This only peaked my interest, Ron, Ginny and Hermione are usually always brought here when a meeting is occurring, something big was going down and I doubt that we would find out anything until the time comes that it's actually happening. I knew Hermione wouldn't show as she was staying with her parents for summer but it was very unlike Ron and Ginny to be absent.

-

"It's something major, that's all I know."

"I hate this shit, we have every right to be there. We've defeated Voldemort more times than any of them lot." I groaned pacing around Harry's room, the anticipation was killing me.

"You can just get Fred to tell you."

"You'd think so wouldn't you, he refuses to go against the order so won't tell me nothing . It's fucking annoying." I wasn't joking, Fred has refused multiple times in the past to reveal anything that had happened in a meeting that we weren't allowed to go to. Yes, it was for our 'protection' but I think we've proven to them multiple times that we can protect ourselves.

"Fuck this bullshit, they are telling me exactly what's going on. You coming to get some answers?" I gave him the mischievous look I used to give him when we were up to no good at the Dursley's. "Kat we can't-"

"Don't be a wuss." He sighed nodding along and we pegged it downstairs wanting to catch them in an interesting conversation.

To our disappointment members were already leaving through the front door, just our luck.

"Right, one of you tell me what was just discussed." Sirius, Remus, Arthur and Tonks who still remained in the kitchen shook their heads perfectly in sync.

"You're taking the piss!"

"Language Katherine!" Molly shouted, and I nodded as an apology, "it's not okay that we are left in the dark. Tell me or so help me god I will fuc-" I started getting heated so Remus cut me off, knowing I would take it too far.

"Right! No need for all this, you must stay with the Dursley's for the remainder of the holidays. It's not safe here, or anywhere with anyone from the order..." I didn't know why that had to be so secretive. Sure, I didn't want that at all; it's not that big of a deal.

"That's it?" They nodded and I sniggered slightly, "that's what this was all about, why couldn't we be here for that might I ask?"

"We had other matters to discuss sweetheart." Molly tried to comfort me rubbing my shoulder.

"Ah and we're back to the secrecy."

~ obviously I said last chapter that I was going to work on a new cover, then I realised I have 0 talent. So the one I have now is beautifully made by @sygmys x