91| I don't want to die...

"I'm not just going to sit here and let you do this!" Fred shouted interrupting the conversation the rest of the group and I were having. I was quite stunned by the sudden outburst but he had every reason to feel like this.

Molly had tears in her eyes at her sons' reaction, she hated seeing him this way, as did I. I didn't really know what to say, what could I say to make him okay with this? I don't think there is anything to go off to make him understand what has to happen. I had made peace with it. I'd much rather I die than anyone else in this room, or in the entire school. I would put them before myself any day.

"Fred, don't cause a scene..." Molly whimpered gripping on to Arthur's arm as a form of support. I tilted my head to the door urging everyone to give us a minute alone. Fred wasn't rational when frustrated, and right now he was a mix of hurt, anger and disbelief.

I watched as everyone left, rather awkwardly. It wasn't much better when the room was only occupied by the two of us. It was dead silent, I had no idea how to ease his pain, or to even make him understand.

"We have to find another-"

"There isn't another way Fred."

I watched his hand clench against the edge of the desk, turning his knuckles white. He was slouched over whilst resting his thighs on the back of the chair. He had a softness to him at this moment but still looking infuriated with everything going on.

"I'm sorry, Freddie." I sobbed, it was finally hitting me. I was going to die. It was sinking in and I hated it, I felt weak. "I-I don't even know what to say." My breathing was heavy, so much so that I had to grip on to the cabinet to keep me upright.

He came up beside me pulling me into his chest, cradling my head with his hand. His heartbeat was calming, making me feel safer than I was. I wasn't ready for this. No seventeen year old should ever be out in this position.

"I don't want to die." I cried out gripping on to his shirt like I was afraid he would leave me.

"I will find a way, something to stop it." His voice shook as he lifted my head to face him, the tears kept flowing, I was utterly afraid. I thought maybe I could do this, get it over with, no big deal. But when I thought of everything I'd be giving up, everyone I'd be giving up, it made me realise how much I valued my life. I needed to live for me. It may have sound selfish but I didn't care. I didn't have a choice. I may have not wanted it, it was me or hundreds, that's too selfish.

"We will," I mumbled clutching onto the back of his hand cupping my cheek. I knew what was coming and I think deep down Fred knew there was no hope. He was in denial, I wanted it to stay that way.

...

"Two? You destroyed two while I was gone?" I was in shock, we struggled to destroy one in weeks of being in the run, it was great news. "That's impressive, I'm guessing Mione and Ron's plan worked out?" He nodded and I felt less anxious about the ordeal already.

"Did you not feel it leave you?" He questioned placing his wand into his pocket whilst we sat.

"I was distracted, I suppose. You know just finding out that in order to win I have to..." I cut myself off from saying any more, I didn't want to see Harry get emotion, it would break me in two.

We stayed silent for a moment, knowing what topic was going to be brought up. I couldn't think like that with Harry. It had been the two of us always, he would want to interfere.

"We should probably talk about-"

"No, no absolutely not. We are not talking about this, I have cried enough for one day." I stood up adamantly picking up my wand as I did, "I can't do this with you, it will just end in you trying to be a martyr." I crossed my arms holding out my hand to pull him up. It took him a second but he obliged. Not liking that I was shutting the topic down like it was nothing. I needed to act like it was of unimportance, that made it easier on me.

I felt the ground beneath us both shake abnormally and both of us gave each other concerning looks. It urged us both to run towards the group and see exactly what was happening.

Either Voldemort is starting early because they had successfully destroyed two Horcruxes. It frightened him that we were so close. It made him self aware that we could be capable of winning this.

Voldemort would come for me in particular. If we made him mortal, others may target me or sacrifice me to rid themselves of him. He needed me under his protection. It was smart to use me as leverage, make his demise unable to happen by bounding his fate to mine. It was also a big mistake, he was vulnerable too. Us destroying the Horcruxes proved that we weren't going to stop even if my life depended on it.

This was something he hadn't planned for.

Stones from the walls were crumbling at the continuous shake of the building, we were going to the great hall again. That's where we previously left the group to speak privately. Students were gathered in the hall leading out into the courtyard.

When we entered through the doors, everyone was gathered by the window, and in the hall, we just passed staring out into the sky.

The protective barriers had been penetrated, they were coming down. I watched as spells were still being shot against them, weakening it with every hit.

This signified the start.

- short one bc I haven't slept in 48hours :)