3| eternal glory.

They had all arrived back to Hogwarts after the horrifying events that occurred at the Quidditch tournament. After having a few days to recover and come to terms with what happened at the Burrow, they all returned to Hogwarts feeling somewhat normal.

Entering the Great Hall, Katherine separated from the rest of the group to join her house table. It was a routine that they were all used to. After all she was a Slytherin and they were Gryffindor's.

At the Slytherin table, Katherine sat beside Veronica Burke, one of the few Slytherin's she had become fond of. They had been close friends since their first year, and it was necessary for Katherine to have at least a few friends within her house. Veronica was from an old pureblood family. But she wasn't like most of the other Slytherin's; she wasn't stuck up and didn't have strong opinions on blood status, which was a rare find in itself, perhaps that's why they got on so well. No judgment, no hatred.

"Oh I've missed you, Ronnie!" Kat squealed as her friend hugged her from her seat. Veronica then  pointed to the stage with a curious look in her eye at the large, grand box that was dark shades of golds settled centre stage. It looked expensive and like it was a part of a monumental reveal, only pushing her interest in it further. "What is it?" Kat asked quietly, but her friend only shrugged in response.

"I heard rumours that Quidditch is being cancelled for this big ass tournament." She whispered side-eyeing the teacher's table. "It's probably related to that..."

"That's not gonna settle well with the boys" Katherine stated making them both laugh knowing full well it was true.

"Oh I know, Seb and Taylor already had a fit about it on the train." Ronnie snorted at the memory as Kat chuckled at her words, picturing their over the top performance.

Ronnie, Sebastian and Taylor were her closest friends in her house. Seb and Tay were definitely not the people she would usually surround herself with but, their goofy personalities only made her love them more. She liked how different her two friend groups were, it was like a breath of fresh air when she spends time with each one separately.

Looking over at the Gryffindor table she happened to lock eyes with Fred Weasley, he grinned stupidly and she just shook her head with a smile. Turning her attention back to Veronica, she questioned once again, "Also what we're those carriages and boats outside all about?"

She flicked her long blonde hair back around to Kat pointing to the stage, "I guess we're about to find out..." Dumbledore stood up to his podium at the front of the Great Hall, suddenly, the room went silent ready for his speech.

It felt comfortable to be back, when she is in school she can't wait for the holidays, when she isn't she can't wait to return. It was strange.

"Now that we are all settled, I'd like to make an announcement, this castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event; the Triwizard Tournament."

After his straight to the point speech, Hogwarts welcomed Beaubaxton and Durmstrang students into the Great hall. Each school was unique and gave them all quite an entertaining entrance. The boys were transfixed on the drop-dead gorgeous Beaubaxton girls, and the girls swooned over the Durmstrang boys who were what you'd expect; muscly and unexplainably attractive.

Not long after their arrival the boys in the hall began excitedly chatting about the fact Viktor Krum, the Bulgarian seeker, was in our school and all Kat could think about was Ron's face as he saw his crush up close and personal. He has loved him since his interest in Quidditch had started, his poster still hung proudly above his bed till this day.