A Public Display

Scarlet had fallen asleep in her arm chair and was awoken by Fred and George. The weren't so nice to nudge her awake but they found that picking her up and dropping her was more appropriate.

"Wake up gorgeous!" They chimed in sync them dropped her on the floor.

However they weren't expecting her to react so quickly. Punching them both violently in the stomach she growled "What was that for?!"

"You looked so peaceful, we should have kept you that way..." They laughed in sync.

---

All of the D.A members lined up in front of the Great Hall, looking rather nervous- except Harry. Scarlet was permanently placed in a bad mood, there was no doubt today would be horrible. Umbridge called for them to file in, she waved in the directions of the desks but directed Scarlet to red circle painted on the ground.

"I want you all to write lines, in silence, I want you to write, I am a naughty child and I deserved to be punished." She bounced on her heels with pleasure then walked to Scarlet. "Animagus form." She snapped.

Knowing what was to come, Scarlet slowly and messily turned into a wolf. She looked up and growled, rewarding herself with a few glances from the D.A. Then with a casual flick of the wand Umbridge had tied the flaming ropes to a large boulder. She then walked back to " all portraying the deepest looks of sympathy in their eyes. . Dumbledore's" golden chair and sat there with the smuggest grin. "Pull it around the hall please Scarlet?" She croaked.

"How many times?" She growled.

"Oh it doesn't matter as long as you do it for three hours." She faked her ugly face into an expression of mock sympathy.

---

Long the hours went on. There were a few hisses of pain from the D.A as the quills they were forced to write with cut into their flesh. Scarlet issued a multitude of grunts, growls and the occasional yelp of pain. However, she relentlessly hauled that giant rock around the Great Hall. Refusing to look at any of her friends, she death stared Umbridge still maintaining a walk that resembled a strut. Members of the D.A were constantly taking glances of her as she passed, each with a look of deepest sympathy in their eyes. And even though Scarlet was unaware most of them risked a whisper saying "I'm so sorry..." or in their heads they thought "Poor thing..."

---

When the detention was finally over Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, Fred and George went to go comfort Scarlet but as soon as they got out of their seats all that was left of Scarlet was a black and red blur. Scarlet ran from the Great Hall to the Owlery to send Lupin a letter.

Hi Dad,

It's still weird saying that so I'm just going to call you Lupin from now. Anyway for detention Umbridge tied me with this flaming ropes, I don't suppose you know of a way to heal them, Madam Pompfrey doesn't know if she can fix them. AND THERES NO WAY I'M GOING TO ST MUGNOS! I can't leave Hogwarts not when its run by this toad.

Hoping you are well,

Scarlet

She gave Hazelnut a few owl treats then watched him fly out the window. Then cautiously making her way back to Gryffindor Tower she grabbed her broom and went to the Quidditch pitch.