The Patronus Charm

"It has to be a powerful memory the happiest you've ever had!" Harry instructed the D.A.

Today everyone was excited after all they were going to learn the Patronus Charm.

"A full body patronus is very advanced but shield forms are also useful against a number of opponents! Keep trying Seamus!" Harry walked past their newest recruit.

"Okay George lets see yours."

The twins were back to back and focusing on their happiest memory.

"Expecto Patronum!" George pointed his wand and out came a silver monkey.

"Expecto Patronum!" Ouy of Fred's wand came a silver raccoon.

The two patronus' played around with each other then it almost looked as if they were planning a prank.

"Keep trying Neville." Harry looked at Neville, he knew his happy memories may be limited.

"Well done Ginny!" A silver horse had erupted from Ginny's wand as Harry passed.

Hermione's otter danced around her, and Ron's Jack Russel Terrier knocked a few people over. Luna stood with her wand pointed with a dazed look on her face.

Meanwhile Scarlet sat in the corner of the room pouring over happy memories. She had a few but she doubted they'd be strong enough. Tapping her wand on her lips, careful not to mentally hex herself, she focused in her childhood.

"You can do it! Come on Scar just focus." His encouraging voice echoed.

"Daddy I'm trying it's too hard!" She stomped on the ground.

"I know you can do it." Her mother called from the shade if the trees.

Her face squished in concentration she felt her body ease then re-shape itself into that of a wolf cubs. Returning to her normal form she jumped up and down squealing.

"I did it! I did it!"

"Expecto Patronum!" Scarlet pointed her wand at the ceiling, out from her wand came silver paws but due to her shock it died away.

"I did it!" Scarlet jumped to her feet.

"What form did it take?" Harry looked at her, Luna's hare just skipped around his head.

"I don't know... But it had paws, I stopped concentrating and it faded..."

"Try again!" Harry encouraged her sounding a bit like her dad.

In the middle of the room Fred and George were muttering.

"One Sickle it's a wolf..."

"You're on!"

Scarlet caught the smile on Fred's face and without even concentrating on her previous memory waved her wand, "Expecto Patronum!"

Out from her wand came two giant clawed silvery paws, followed by strong forearms or legs. Broad shoulders appeared then accompanied by a loud roar, the heavily maned head of a lion.

"Yesss..." Fred whispered victoriously as George gave him the Sickle he betted.

Her lion patronus ran around the room scaring off, other people's patronus'. It was definitely one of the largest there, apart from Ginny's horse. And though he had not conjured it, Harry's stag.

"Fred's smile's my happy memory..." Scarlet asked herself mentally then turned to Harry. The lion had disappeared.

"Yes?"

"Can you use different memory's?"

"Yeah actually! Why?"

"Don't worry just wanted to know..."