Hope You Are Okay

"Hazelnut! What are you doing? You gave me a fright there..." Scarlet jumped back as she entered her room.

The owl jumped madly on her bed on its leg carrying a letter. Scarlet looked at it suspiciously, then decided to look at it. She carefully removed the roll of parchment from Hazelnut's leg and opened it to read.

To Scarlet,

I know I told you not to owl me but I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, I will be staying at The Burrow for a week before returning to my mission for Dumbledore. I hope you are well and safe. I'm sorry I can't get you anything for Christmas so I hope this letter will make do. Please promise me you won't do anything dangerous and that in your mission you stay safe. I don't want you to get hurt, and I know you are going to say that you are capable of looking after yourself. But in saying that you'll only worry me more, you're very reckless...

Remus.

PS. Dumbledore is making me work with werewolves...

Scarlet read it over multiple times. A weak smile crawled onto her face, reading it once more she sat on her bed. Remus was really the best father figure for her. A tear rolled down her cheek, there isn't anymore she could have wished for. She picked up a quill and grabbed two pieces of parchment.

Dear Remus,

Merry Christmas, I hope you will be safe too and I'll do my best to be careful now. I wish I could spend Christmas with you but for progress sake I have to stay here in Romania. I miss you so much, I hope I can see you again soon...

Scarlet...

She then pulled over the second piece of parchment and paused sucking on the end of her quill. What was she going to write, it was such a difficult subject and she didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

Dear Fred,

Merry Christmas, it's been a while since I've seen you. How's the Joke Shop going? Shame I haven't seen it yet. I hope your family is well I met one of your brothers today, Charlie. He seems alright but he reminds me a lot of you and George. I'm writing this because well I don't know why I'm writing it but it needs to be said. I'm not sure if us is -

Scarlet didn't finish her letter she had already drifted off to sleep.

---

CHARLIE'S P.O.V (Before he wakes her up in the chapter Hungarian Horntail.)

"This is the best idea I've had, I'm just glad I can use it we don't usually get good looking ones..." I muttered to myself out loud on my way to wake her, I just hope she doesn't catch on so quickly, I want to take this slow, get to know her more.

When I enter her room she's sprawled under the covers, her hair everywhere, her face squashed on the bedside table resting underneath it some parchment, in her hand a quill. I tug the parchment from under her head, she stirs.

The first is addressed to Remus, I remember him from the Order, I know I shouldn't read it but the temptation has already gotten the better of me.

That's weird it's as if he's her dad but that can't be, maybe he adopted her. I move onto the next letter. It's for Fred. I read it almost jealous. They surely aren't but it looks like they are... I have to prove I'm better, if they are. I can't go through this again. Not when I'm so close, I'm not letting another girl go by. Another girl that could like me back. I'm not going to go through what Tonks made me go through.