Full Moon Newbie

Scarlet's eyes were heavy and tired. She was feeling in so much pain, even her shallow intakes of breath, caused her immense pain in her ribs. She felt weak, tired and in pain. There were no words to describe her agony. She decided to not yet open her eyes, and just feel her surroundings, but moving her arms, her hands, her fingers, created enough pain that she snapped her eyes wide open.

She was in the hospital wing. She couldn't even remember why she was there, but from the pain she was experiencing she suspected the answer. During her transformation she must have gotten in a fight with something, she had obviously come out worse for wear. Scarlet waited, surely the memories of last night would come flooding back soon. But they didn't come, clearly whatever happened, it did not happen last night.

Madam Pompfry came running in a short while after Scarlet had came back to consciousness. She opened up the dividers that hid her from view and then fussed about her.

"Ah, you're finally awake..." She muttered and fiddled with some bandages, "I'm gonna have to change your bandages and then Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall, will come and inform you of the new situation." She smiled at her concerned.

"What happened to me?" Scarlet whispered as she attempted to sit up, but winced.

"You'll find out in due time." She said quietly and began to replace her old bloodstained bandages.

It took a good two hours for Madam Pompfry to change all of her bandages, but it was worth it, when she revealed behind the dividers, a group of people waiting to see her.

The first to jump to her side, was someone she hadn't seen in a very long time. Though it hurt in her ribs to be hugged so tightly, it warmed her heart that he was there, hugging her, glad to see her awake. Fred, released her, lines of relief coating the previous worry. She didn't want to see them, but the tears in his eyes were evident as he blinked them away.

"Y-You're okay... They-They didn't think you'd wake..." He stammered and hugged her tightly again.

"Get off her Fred, we all want to see her." Said someone pulling him aside.

George now lent forward and squeezed her tightly. He put his head on her shoulder and out of view he ever so softly kissed her cheek. It was so soft, but so nice. Scarlet almost considered returning the favour when she remembered what he sent her while she was away.

Pushing her off him, he looked confused and he definitely wasn't prepared for Scarlets back hand. The sound from the collision was so loud and sharp, almost as if someone had apparated by their sides. "Jerk!" She spat, her hand still raised.

"I deserved that..." He smiled guiltily, and rubbed his jaw with his hand. Already the red mark of her hand was staining itself onto his face.

Scarlet was then greeted by many other people. Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna had come to see her. They all hugged her tightly each, and then apologised for more of the pain they had caused her. Hagrid especially, squeezed her the most.

"I thought the monster didn't have friends." She smiled weakly, but there was no denying her joy at the sight of all of them.

They were about to reply when, she held out her hand to silence them all. She heard the voice she wanted to hear the most. She couldn't be more happy that he came to see her, and he of all people would understand. "Remus!" She shouted, and attempted to get out of the hospital bed but failed miserably.

He walked over slowly, he too was still coping with the after effects of a full moon. How long ago was it? He smiled at her wearily, but his eyes were full of love, and he leant down to hug her. His squeeze was unlike that of everyone else's. Maybe it was because he knew she was in pain, or maybe because he knew that's what she needed. A light squeeze, that was warm and topped off with a kiss on the forehead.