Facing Reality

NO P.O.V

"My parents are dentists... They tend to people's teeth..." Hermione being the only muggle-born sitting at the table looked like easy prey to a pack of wolves.

"And is that a dangerous profession?" Slughorn looked hopeful.

"Well..." Hermione's face brightened, "There was this one time a kid bit my dads finger, he needed six stitches."

"Ah... Yes... Scarlet and how about your parents?"

"My mum was a stay-at-home werewolf and my dad was a Death Eater." Scarlet smiled proudly.

"Oh..."

"But my dad was only a Death Eater to protect me, he died in Azakaban." Scarlet pushed forward.

"I see..." Slughorn was probably unaware of that information and was probably considering to remove her from the Slug Club.

Scarlet nodded and then returned to her desert. A bowl of ice-cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles. It tasted nice but made Scarlet feel sick.

"Sorry I'm late Professor." Ginny Weasley said curtly at the same time Harry rose from his chair.

It was an awkward silence, before he sat back down. Ginny walked over and took a seat between Harry and Scarlet. There were no more bowls of ice-cream left.

Scarlet nudged Ginny's shoulder, "Have mine I don't want it anymore..." she whispered.

Scarlet stood up from her chair and addressed Slughorn, "Sorry Professor but I'm going to take my leave of you now I need the grass beneath my paws." She nodded curtly and trotted out the door.

She stopped at Gryffindor common room and took off the dress she was wearing - reluctantly. She walked past Ron on the way out and he grabbed her arm.

"What was it like?"

"What was what like?"

"Slug Club."

"I found it interestingly boring." Scarlet laughed and wriggled her arm out of Ron's grip.

---

"Students aren't allowed to be exiting the castle after this time!" Filch roared with pleasure.

"Shut up Filch and get your filthy cat away from me!" Scarlet kicked at Miss Norris and walked out of the castle.

Scarlet had always been given an excuse to leave the grounds at night she was part werewolf after all. Scarlet looked up at the castle and found the brightly lit windows of Slughorn's office, clearly the party was still going on.

Scarlet fell to the ground lying there in the grass before turning into her animagus form. She decided to wandering the grounds at night. Something she believed to be a way of clearing her head.

---

The wind blew through her fur, sending an unwanted chill down her spine it had been quite a while since she had ever done this. Scarlet sat at the edge of the lake her paws floating at the waters edge, gathering her thoughts.

I'm only hear until Christmas then I'm heading off to Romania to work with dragons for Dumbledore. I'll get to comeback here at the end of the year. I won't get to see dad until next year probably and Fred, I'll probably never be seeing him again...