Silence and Despair

Scarlet sat in her confined area in the Hospital Wing. Not a word being issued from her mouth. She ate nothing, said nothing, drank nothing, and did nothing but stare into the abyss. Beyond the walls of her solitude, people sat, whispering.

"It's my fault..." Harry would wain.

"Harry you couldn't possibly be the reason for Scarlet to act like this." Hermione would reason with him.

"No but I'm the reason h-he's d-d-dead..."

"I think it's selfish her acting like this, S- he was Harry's godfather not hers." Ron grunted an attempt to cheer Harry up.

"Ron!" Hermione slapped him.

"What? It's true!" He argued.

"S-Sirius was the only connection with her farther, both Scarlet and Harry have equal rights to mourn over him."

---

"Miss Wolf you have a visitor." Madam Pompfrey would reluctantly address.

"Scarlet..." Lupin appeared from behind the curtain dividing Scarlet from reality.

Scarlet blinked, this is the first time she had done something for days.

"Scarlet..."

She blinked again.

"Scarlet are you okay?" Lupin sat on the edge of her bed.

"I'm fine." She said absently.

Lupin then leaned forward and wrapped his arms around her cold body. The warmth he produced was the first time Scarlet had felt... better.

"I know you're not..." He whispered and kissed her on the forehead.

"Dad..."

Scarlet fell forward and cried into Lupin's shoulder.

"It's all my fault... He was right there... I shouldn't have showed him were Harry was... But if I didn't then I would have lost... We would have lost... He would have lost... The world would have lost..."

---

Scarlets awakening back into reality, was overheard by Harry and the others. They sat in silence, now understanding the corruption she had gone through.

They have never experienced mental trauma like that before.