The New 3rd Year

The sorting had just finished- well that's what everyone thought.

"Ron!" Harry nudged his friend in the ribs.

"What?" He replied spitting chicken everywhere.

"There is still a first year left... She hasn't been sorted." Harry finished.

They both turned to look at the lone girl standing in the middle of the The Great Hall. It looked as though no one else had seen her there.

Everyone silenced as Dumbledore stood up. "As you can see there is still one student who is yet to be sorted." Everyone looked at the centre of the Hall and stared at the new student. "This is a first for Hogwarts, usually our students join us as first years. However, Scarlet here is the age of a third year and thus she will be joining them."

The Slytheryns looked completely bored. Ravenclaw looked slightly interested. A few Hufflepuff had their fingers crossed. But the Gryffindoors looked some what excited.

"I hope she is good on a broom," Wood whispered, he was captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team, "we need a reserve."

"She is also Hogwarts first Wolf-Blooded student."

Many students stared at her even closer.

"For those of you who don't know what a Wolf-Blood is, I will now tell you." Boomed Dumbledore.

Scarlet looked nervous. Really nervous.

"It means one of her parents were an animagi the other a werewolf."

The Slytheryn instantly shunned her and looked away. Ravenclawe now lost interest but Hufflepuff and Gryffindor still remained the same.

"Now for her sorting!" Dumbledore boomed.

It was quick. She practically had the hat put on her head then the Sorting Hat yelled out the house she now belonged to.

"GRYFFINDOR!" It boomed.

Hufflepuff slunk to the bottom of there seats and Gryffindor cheered for their new housemate.

She walked over and sat next to Ron, it was the only spare seat left.

When you got a closer look at her you could see her much clearer. Her eyes were chocolate brown, she had black hair with one scarlet red streak. Her hair was parted on the side, she had a side fringe, and was wearing her hair in a low ponytail. Her face was covered in freckles and she had a small scar on her cheek.

She was kind of pretty. Kind of...

Well until she began to eat. Her table manners were almost as bad as Ron's.

"Yeesh!" Ron said a bit too loudly.

"What?" She said swallowing some pie.

"You can surely eat. I'm Ron!" He beed holding out his greasy hand. "This is my friend Harry Potter and over their is Hermione." Ron purposely said Harry's last name.

"Hi I'm Scarlet Wolf." and she shook all their hands.

"Huh?" Harry thought aloud.

"What?" She asked again with food in her mouth.

"Usually whenever people find out my name they stare at my scar."

"You have a scar too! Lemme' see!" she said and leaned over Ron to look intently at Harry's scar. "Cool it's shaped as a lightning bolt!"

Harry was quite shocked. Not just at the fact she had jumped up to look at the scar but that she really had know idea about his past.