Back At Grimmauld Place

"Have you ever done side-along apparation?" Lupin asked as they exited the Three Broomsticks.

"No, but I heard its not a pleasant experience. Furthermore just refresh me on how it works." She smiled up at him.

"Well you hold my arm or hand-" Scarlet held his hand with a tight squeeze, "Then focus everywhere in your body on the place I want to go-" Mockingly she furrowed her brow in concentration, "Then I'll count to three and apparate."

"Alrighty! One... Two..."

"Three!"

Scarlet felt like she was being sucked into a small tight tube and then being pulled back out whilst her surroundings were a complete blur. However, just as it had begun it stopped and she found herself on a quiet street in London.

Once Scarlet had fully understood that she was in London she released her grip on Lupins hand, and pulled both hands to her stomach. Her face was slightly green and she looked like she was going to be sick.

"Are you alright?" Lupin looked at her.

"I don't know I think I left my insides back at Hogsmeade!" She smiled and slowly stood up straight again.

"Come on we're not too far from HQ." Lupin started walking and had his hand inside his robes, clearly clutching his wand.

Scarlet skipped up alongside him and though its probably not described well she leaned on him softly.

"You know I can protect myself." She looked at him smirking.

"Just like your mother..." Lupin muttered but didn't look at her.

They walked on for a few minutes and Scarlet was deciding to ask whether or not it would be wise to ask Lupin another question.

"Da- Lupin-"

"I said you could call me dad if you wanted to..." He was entirely focused on a potential attack, Scarlet was thinking he was acting a bit like Moody.

"My wand is made of oak and werewolf fur and blood. Mum said that the fur was from a special werewolf and the blood was from her. Would that special werewolf be you?"

"What did she mean by special?"

"I think she meant someone that meant a lot to her..."

Lupin didn't let Scarlet be aware of what he was thinking or feeling. "Did Lenora keep the fur she had ripped from me when I attacked her?" He thought.

"Maybe it was mine..." He said in a that's-a-possibility kind of tone.

"Yeah I guess..."

---

"So this is littl' Scar?" Sirius pulled Scarlet away from Lupin. "Hagrid's told me all about you, you were quite the prankster, he thought you were a wolf cub!" He laughed, "Been constantly thinking why he had run out of tea and cake so quickly..." Scarlet didn't hear what he said later as she went looking for any of the Weasley's.

"Dad! Sirius!" She called from the top stair landing.

"Dad? Who's dad? Scarlet your dad's dead!" Sirius shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

Filth! Half-Breeds! My home contaminated! Sirius' mother shrieked again.

"Shut it!" Lupin pulled the curtains to hide Miss' Black, "Sirius I'm dad!"

"WHAT?!"

Lupin struggled to close the curtains this time.

"That's what Scarlet has decided to refer to me as..."

"Well you could've been her dad!" Sirius laughed heartily.

"WHAT?!" This time it was Scarlet.

"Must we keep yelling." Lupin groaned, "And Sirius you know I don't like talking about it!"

"Talking about what?" Scarlet rand down the stairs missing the last three and falling- luckily caught by Lupin.

"All right Remus but she ought to know..." Sirius jerked his head at Scarlet.

"Yeah I do have the right to know!"Scarlet chimed.

"Okay but sit down..." Lupin walked to the dining table.