Awkward

It was the week upcoming to the next full moon, and every night Draco and Scarlet would meet at Snape's office for their Wolfsbane Potion. It tasted disgusting.

Friday.

It was the first day of the week before the full moon, that meant their transformation would take place on a Friday night and they'd go back to normal on the Saturday morning.

Saturday.

Day two. Scarlet felt that the more she drank the potion the more disgusting it tasted. The goblet of which they both drank from smoked even after there was no more liquid.

Sunday.

The more they saw each other, and the more they drank they despised each other more and more. This would be the first full moon they spent together and even that sounded romantic, so they detested it more with each coming day.

Monday.

This transformation was not going to end well. She might as well pack her bags now.

Tuesday.

Both of them were looking weak, but Scarlet still had the urge to just kill him now. Both of them were not looking forward to this. But she had something to distract her. Fred was sending her letters every second day.

Wednesday.

They'd be spending an hour every night till Friday's, talking with Professor McGonagall about what they were to do, and where they were and weren't allowed to go. They could not go any closer to the school than Hagrid's Hut, but were allowed to wander around the Black Lakes borders. The Forbidden Forest was allowed, but they could not go too deep.

Thursday.

McGonagall had decided they could take Friday off, and had to spend that entire day together. Then at night they'd take their last dose of Wolfsbane and leave the castle.

Friday.

"Don't talk to me!" Draco spat as they sat in a unused classroom.

"Why would I talk to you?" She growled back at him.

They both slowly drew their wands but the both of them were too tired to duel. Instead the slumped against their chairs and slowly began to drift to sleep. They woke with an hour before sundown. Professor Snape came with the Wolfsbane potion, and a long enchanted piece of rope.

"To ensure maximum safety from each other, the staff has decided to tie you together." Snape rolled on in a bored tone.

"What!" Draco shouted, "I'm not going anywhere near her!" His voice high.

"Yeah! For once I agree with him." Scarlet growled.

"You will do so or face expulsion." Reluctantly they drank their last dose of potion and allowed Snape to tie their hands together with the piece of rope.

The rope was enchanted so that it would not break, and the knots were also enchanted. The rope itself gave them three metres space. Tonight was not going to be fine.

---

They had transformed. Draco was quite a handsome werewolf in Scarlets eyes, for she still had more control over herself than he. His fur was a silver brown, and was sleek. He prowled around disappointedly and continuously tugged on the rope. Scarlet was assigned leader, and she preferred to stay under the tree near the lake.

She was intending to just fall asleep and then she'd have a whole month before she had to be near him again. Besides if things went wrong, she could always try drowning him. However, this was the first time she had someone by her side in a transformation. They were both quite docile and after the affect of the full moon grew stronger, they forgot whom they were with.

If you'd known you they both were, you'd think it impossible that they'd be running around the grounds together. Almost pleasantly. At some times they'd have small play fights where they'd roll around together as if they were two dogs. Clearly, the full moon had wiped away their memories of who they were with. Because in reality one of them would have killed the other.

Eventually, feeling tired Scarlet dragged Draco to the tree by the lake. She had previously placed blankets there because usually after she'd transformed back she felt cold, and could easily get sick. She struggled getting under the blanket and then eventually once they were comfortable they fell asleep.

---

The sun had come out and it's warm morning rays tickled at her feet. She pulled her feet under the blanket and felt like she would continue to sleep. As she attempted to drift back into slumber she felt something leaning against her side, and underneath her. It was warm and definitely alive, she felt it's breath as whatever lay beneath her rise and fell.

Using her hand she softly felt what lay under her. Whatever it was it was lean and well toned, her head also seemed to be resting on it and she could feel it's heart beat. She was lying on its chest. She breathed in its musk and it was pleasant. She almost felt like staying there forever. She felt safe, lying with whatever it was. She hadn't yet opened her eyes.

---

The sun had risen, and he had transformed. He was sleeping on a soft blanket, and there was a blanket lying over his body. There was something else, something heavier resting on his chest. Most of it was warm, soft and tender. It was smooth and pleasant to the touch. He could also feel strands of the softest hair. He felt it's breath on his chest, and he was content with just staying there. It felt nice.

---

Then quickly their memories of last night came flooding back, and they moved faster than they had ever moved before. Both of them distanced themselves as far as the enchanted rope would let them, pulling the blankets to cover themselves form each other's gaze. They both stammered and shouted at each other.

Scarlet had then came closer and held her hand to her mouth to silence him. He ripped her hand away from him and yelled.

"Don't touch me!" He spat.

"Shut up!" She hissed and silenced him once more, "We're making too much noise. Up there is Gryffindor Towers, if we wake them they'll look out their windows and see us. I thought you'd had a reputation to uphold." She said quietly, and even Draco stopped struggling.

Scarlet then became of her body, hiding behind the blanket, she was not wearing clothes. Quickly she transformed into her animagus form, and gave Draco her blanket, he too would have been naked. He quickly snapped it up and covered himself further. Scarlet was tired, but not as tired as Draco. Quietly they made their way back to the castle, Scarlet in wolf form and Draco stumbling using her as leverage.

They walked into the unused classroom where their uniforms and their wands laid on the table. The rope disappeared as they entered, the enchantment broke. A divider was placed across the room so that they could change in private. Scarlet dragged her belongings to one side and got changed quickly. When she returned Draco had also gotten changed, both of their cheeks were slightly pink.

"Speak a word of this." They both threatened in sync, and Scarlet couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm not going to say a word, I'll take this to my grave." She smiled, her cheeks slightly pink.

"Agreed." Draco stated, and they shook hands as to promise not to breathe a word.

If any of the Gryffindors knew, if the whole school knew, if the teachers knew. Or if Pansy Parkinson knew they might as well have just jumped off the astronomy tower. This was their furry little secret, and though they both dared not to admit it to each other. A guilty pleasure.