In Hagrid's Hut

Scarlet walked down to Hagrid's hut early Saturday morning. Hagrid had promised her a whole day of Hippogriffs. She could hardly wait.

She reached Hagrid's door and knocked a small rhythmic tune. She was in such a good mood.

The door slowly opened and Hagrid's face appeared, followed by Fang's echoing barks.

"It's you! You're early!" Hagrid beamed.

"I couldn't sleep, I practically got up and walked here. I don't suppose there's the odd chance I could have breakfast with you?" She asked politely.

"Of course!" Hagrid replied opening the door.

Fang was over the moon he knocked Scarlet over and was attacking her face with his affectionate licks.

"Fang get off me!" She joked pushing the large dog away. "Lets play a game outside." She smiled then quickly added. "If that's okay with you Hagrid!"

"Course it is, I'll call you in fo' brea'fas'!" And he ushered her out the door.

"Okay Fangs ready!?" She jumped in excitement.

Fangs barked in agreement and was jumping ecstatically. Scarlet paused for a bit then slowly transformed into her wolf form.

Scarlet and Fangs bounded around happily than roughly played what looked to be a game of tips.

---

Hermione, Harry and Ron were making their way down the stone steps to Hagrid's hut when Hermione stopped them.

"What!" Ron grunted.

"Fangs in a fight with a wolf!" Hermione gasped and sped down to Hagrid's hut, closely followed by Harry and Ron.

"Fangs!" Hermione screamed. She was in the process of getting her wand when the wolf spoke. However, it did not show it's face.

"Miss Granger I thought you could tell the difference between a real wolf and one of your classmates." Said Scarlet, turning around to greet Hermione.

Scarlet slowly transformed back into a human, her lip was bleeding.

Noticing Harry's and Ron's faces, she quickly hid her face behind her hair. "It was just a friendly fight..." She mumbled.

"Just a friendly fight! You must get up to the hospital wing it could be infected!" Hermione ordered.

"Friendly means slightly aggressive in animal and I'm not going up there again!" Scarlet retorted.

"Again?" Ron asked.

"That's where I've been all week! Haven't you wondered why I wasn't in any classes?" She said.

"Well... Kinda..." Harry joined.

There was a reasonably long silence between them.

I always seem to have that affect on her Harry thought.

The silence was broken by the creaking of Hagrid's door opening. "Scarlet! Breakfas'!" He called.

"Coming!" Scarlet called and ran into the hut, followed by Fangs.

"Oh hello!" Hagrid beamed at the sight of Hermione, Ron and Harry. "Come in!" He held the door open.

Scarlet was sitting in front of the fire, wolf ears and tail still there- not a full transformation, next to her sat Fangs. She was eating some strange contents from a bowl and had her back to everyone.

"Fire warm enough fo' yeh!" Hagrid asked.

"Just the way I like it, as always." She replied softly.

The look on Hermione's face was as if she was expecting Scarlet to just blow up.

"Her' I'll make some tea." Hagrid said looking at Hermione. "Scarlet can yeh' get the cups?"

"Sure." She got up. Hermione was watching her ever so carefully.

Scarlet ran straight to where the cups would be and put them on the table in front of Hagrid, then returned to the fire.

"Scarlet..." Hermione began, Scarlet's ears twitched, "how did you know where the cups were?"

"Lucky guess..."