Dressing Fancy

FRED'S P.O.V

The ball was about to start and there I was waiting in the common room for Scarlet. George said he'd wait for us down at the Great Hall.

Hurry up... How long does it take? I yelled in my head. Of course how was I to know that getting dressed up took forever for a girl.

I just put on my dress robes and combed my hair, done. I decided to sit in a chair in front of the fire to wait for her. I'm pretty sure it was just her and Hermione that were the only girls left in Gryffindor tower.

I heard a slight creak of a door up stairs and I stood up hoping it was her. I really didn't want to wait any longer.

Scarlet came down the stairs and stood at the bottom staring at me.

Woah! Was all I could think of. No wonder she took forever, if it weren't for her scarlet streak and the scar on her cheek I wouldn't know it was her.

She was blushing, "Sorry it took so long I've never worn a dress before!" She smiled.

She walked towards me and we linked arms to go down to the ball.

With her other free arm she was tugging at the dress, I looked down at her with confusion she must have noticed because she quickly looked up and said, "It's very tight and quite itchy."

As we were nearing the Great Hall, I was wondering whether I should say something.

"Ugh..." I muttered.

"Huh?" She looked at me.

"Oh... Ugh..." I didn't no what to say.

"Oh I forgot... You look nice. Is George wearing the same thing?" She asked brightly.

"Oh, umm I don't know?" I said.

We then lined up out the front of the Hall like everyone else and Hermione came running along muttering "sorry I'm late!" and she joined Viktor Krum.

Hermione looked quite beautiful too. Shit I thought the one thing I forgot to say. Its not like I have strong feelings for her but she has them for me. What must she be thinking.

As the champions entered the hall with their partners, I leaned over to Scarlet and whispered, "You look beautiful!"

"You really think so?" She smiled.

"Ugh yeah." Did I sound awkward, did I say the wrong thing?

"I think the dress looks silly on me but its nice to know someone thinks I look beautiful." She smiled and looked down blushing.

I said something wrong didn't I? I panicked. All I had to do was make sure she had a great time after all she was the one who asked me. I didn't want to make her upset.

George had run over and joined us just before we were to file into the hall.

"Hello, you are looking great Fred, and Scarlet you look beautiful!" He said.

Damn it he knew what to say, I panicked.

"George you and Fred look identical and you're both wearing the same thing!" She laughed.

"Yes but don't we look great?" He smirked.

"Yeah you do! You both do! But Fred looks better!" She laughed.

"And why is that?" I questioned her.

"Well if you both looked the same I'd like you both!" She smiled and then we forwarded into the Great Hall.