Smokey-Minty

"I smell parchment, freshly mown grass, and peppermint toothpaste and." Hermione wouldn't finish her sentence.

"I would like you all to grab some parchment and write what you smell in the Ammorteia, then give them to me." Slughorn clapped, "Before we begin with today's potion."

Scarlet walked over to her desk and reached for her parchment and quill. She strolled to the cauldron filled with Ammorteia and sniffed.

Chocolate
Just washed fur
Butterbeer and...
Smokey-minty

She folded the parchment and placed it gently on Slughorn's desk. Scarlet couldn't place where the last smell had came from, but decided to associate it with Fred, her home and Remus.

---

It seemed that "smokey-minty" represented family in a way or something she doesn't have right now.

Scarlet spent her afternoon over thinking the "smokey-minty" smell, and where she had smelt it. Memories flashed through her mind.

Her house on fire and her landing in a bush of mint leaves. The smokey smell of Remus' ugly sweater that tickled when she hugged him in the Three Broomsticks, and his minty breath.
The smokey-minty cologne Fred wore on his date with her.

"Ew!" Scarlet yelped but she wasn't sure why. "Hermione! Can I ask you a question?" She called from one side if the common room.

"Hmm..." Hermione looked up from her piles of books and walked over to Scarlet, "What is it?"

"What's Ammorteia do again?"

"Scarlet do you never listen..." Hermione tsked.

"Hey I was paying attention, I just forgot okay!" Scarlet laughed.

"Okay... Ammorteia produces the smell of what attracts us the most. Why'd you ask? Because I doubt you forgot what it does, something else is on your mind."

"Isn't Legillimency not allowed?"

"I'm not using that!" She smacked Scarlets arm in a friendly playful way, "But really what's going on?"

"Okay..." Scarlet lowered her voice to a whisper, "One of smells was like a smokey-minty kind of smell, and all I can associate with that is running away from my home when it was on fire, Fred's cologne and..."

"And what?"

"This is so weird but Remus, his sweater smelt smokey and he had a minty breath..."

"Scarlet that's not weird, it's probably because you love him so much like a daughter living her father that's all."

"Yeah but he's not my dad..."

"He's a father figure to you and he cares for you."

"True..."

"Now enough of this. What's going on with you and Fred?" Hermione giggled with a cheeky grin.

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean you two are going out aren't you?"

"I don't know, I mean he never asked, and I haven't spoken with him in a while..."

"Scarlet you'll just have to see him over Christmas break, I'm sure Ron's parents would love to have you over." She smiled, and walked back to her sofa chair to continue with her homework.

"But I won't be here..."