Piercing Skin and Flesh

Scarlet walked over to Professor Moody and could clearly see a ferret (Draco) sitting in Moody's kilt.

"Professor..." She began and both of Moody's eyes looked at her. "May I have a dance with Mr Malfoy?"

The ferret squirmed around Moody grasped it around the neck and pulled it out of his kilt.

"You really want to dance with this?" He questioned me.

"Well yes but not as a ferret." She tried to make it sound casual.

Draco squirmed even more but Moody agreed and transfigured him back.

"Sir I'd rather-" He was cut off.

"Thanks sir!" She beamed and dragged Draco to the centre of the Hall.

"What do you want?" He grunted.

"A dance." She grabbed him firmly he reluctantly danced with her.

However, he refused to put his hand on her waist.

"Moody's watching us." Scarlet said stiffly.

"So?" He grunted.

"Manners, Mr Malfoy, I saved you from kilt swimming. Unless you enjoyed that I can certainly return you to sir... I'll even say you like scuba-diving..." She laughed pulling his hand around her waist and in her back.

His fingers brushed over one of her scars from Professor Lupin and as that happened she turned her hands into paws. The claws were digging into his skin of his back and the back of his hand. He winced.

"What is it Draco?" She asked 'sympathetically'.

"So this is what you wanted." He smirked. She dug her claws in harder. "To dance with me, to touch me, to get close to me..."

"Nope..." She grinned, penetrating his skin further.

At last she released her grip and Draco automatically looked at his hand and covered his back with the other.

She smiled and dragged him back to Moody, as the walked she muttered quite loudly so Draco could here.

"Really you should ask Hermione to dance with or even better go out with you, she is much better than that Pansy chick," She lowered her voice, "Those wounds won't heal for a month, they'll eventually disappear but if something bumps them, well you'll find out..." And she pushed him to Moody and ran off.

---

The Weasley twins were standing where she told them she'd meet them. Fred was holding two glasses filled with some red liquid.

As she was within earshot of them George stepped forward.

"Fred's been naughty." He tittered.

"How?" She squinted tilting her head.

"Dancing with another girl." He pointed at a group of girls.

"Who?" She asked.

"Angelina."

She stormed up to Fred and by the look on his face he knew was in trouble.

"Want a drink?" He put a glass between them.

"Did you?"

"Did I?" He quivered and she took the glass.

"Dance with Angelina..." She said sternly.

"Umm..."

"Of course you did, I knew it was you when I saw you with her, at first I thought it was George, but I had a change of thought..." Her face blank.

"I... Ugh..." He stuttered.

"If you didn't want to go with me you could have just said no to me!" She raised her voice a bit, but not a lot, and took a sip of the glass.

"Well... I..."

George was tsking him from aside.

Scarlet looked depressed and with a tone that sounded like she had given up she whispered. "Go join her..."

She slowly walked to the outdoor area of the Ball.

---

George ran up to Fred. "You should go after her." He watched Scarlets figure become one with the shadows.

"Yeah, but what if-" Fred began.

"She will forgive you like that." George clicked his fingers.

"How do you know?" He raised an eyebrow.

"She's more like a dog than a wolf, and I bet she gave you her loyalty."

"We're not betting on her feelings again okay?" He said.