Quidditch Tryouts

Harry had finally decided to hold tryouts for the Gryffindor team. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't in his favour but Scarlet thought this would easily divide the good players from the bad. She had been training for weeks on end. Adapting her skills to suit various plays and even asked Hagrid to throw small boulders at her to dodge.

"Alright guys!" This was Harry's fourth attempt to silence the group of keen students.

Scarlet realised half of the students weren't even remotely capable of playing Quidditch for Gryffindor. There were huddles of first-years, students from Ravenclawe and Hufflepuff and not to mention a group highly annoying giddy girls.

"Come on guys!" Cormac McGlaggen tried to stifle the group.

"Don't embarrass yourself McLaggen!" Scarlet laughed sounding like a dog.

"Everyone shut up!" Ginny bellowed and the group abruptly stopped talking.

"Okay, we're gonna have tryouts for Chasers first, then Beaters and finally Keepers!" Harry exclaimed and looked warily at Ron at the word 'Keepers'. "Okay Scarlet, Katie and Ginny you guys can go up first!"

"Harry I wanted to be a Keeper!" Scarlet punched him on the shoulder.

"Oh... Uh you wants to tryout for-" He was interrupted.

"I'm joking!" Scarlet let out a hearty laugh something Harry was accustomed that only Sirius could make.

Scarlet mounted her broom and did a quick lap around the pitch. She then did a few exercises and manoeuvres with Katie and Ginny before her individual evaluation.

Now Scarlet decided to pull out her secret trick she had been perfecting it other the holidays and she was certain it would earn herself a place on the team. Ginny went first scoring nine out if ten goals, Katie was next and scored ten and it was finally Scarlets turn.

Katie threw Scarlet the quaffle and she caught it with ease, dodging two bludgers she did this nine times and scored every time. On her tenth try Scarlet then aimed the tip of her broom downwards and plummeted. Just as she neared the ground she flicked the tip if the broom up and spiralled to the hoops, flying quickly she jumped off her broom and threw the quaffle into the hoop. SCORE! She then fell to the ground after her broom, landed on it and then flew back towards Harry.

"Good job Scarlet!" Harry clapped her on the back and Ginny and Katie congratulated her.

Scarlet flew over to the stands and landed next to Hermione who was watching the tryouts.

"Rooting for Ron." She nudged Hermione's shoulder.

"Yes, you did well Scarlet."

"I know I did!" Scarlet lifted up her chin and smiled cockily.

---

It was McLaggen's last chance to save the quaffle from getting in and he hadn't missed one yet.

Katie threw the quaffle and "Confundo..." Hermione coughed.

"Hermione!" Scarlet slapped her arm. "That's cheating!"

"Shhh..." She whacked Scarlet's arm, "And shouldn't you be helping?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah it's my turn now I'm Ron's opponent." Scarlet cocked her head towards the goal hoops.

She grabbed her broom ran down the seats towards the pitch and jumped off the edge flying off towards Katie and the Quaffle.

A quick pass and Scarlet waited for Ron to be ready. He flew up his face worried. "Don't worry Ron!" She called from the other end of the pitch.

She zoomed forward and lightly tossed the quaffle towards the hoop in the left with a spin. Ron stopped the quaffle from getting in. A chorus of Weasley is Our King broke out. scarlet did the same over and over again but changed how she threw the quaffle, where she threw it and the flying manoeuvres. On Ron's last attempt to save another goal, Harry called Scarlet to him.

"Yeah."

"Do that spinny thing." He gestured to her and Scarlet flew up confidently.

She did her manoeuvre and threw the ball to the middle hoop, as she fell she was unaware of whether Ron had saved it. As Scarlet fell towards her broom he eyelids got heavy, and she closed her eyes. Lucky enough to land on her broom.