"Can I call you..."

SCARLET'S P.O.V

I was unaware of what happened. And even through Umbridge's constant attempts to make me tell her the reason for Harry's and all the Weasley children's disappearance, I still had no clue. However I was constantly worrying about what had happened. Could it really be that bad if Hermione wasn't gone as well. I mean surely if something was terribly wrong the golden trio would all be together.

Unfortunately I didn't see Hermione much on the last day before the Christmas Break. I wanted to know if she had known what had happened. But she would have told Umbridge already if she knew. Not willingly of course, Umbridge has been interrogating everyone from Gryffindor. I hope no one does know why they're gone. Veritaserum is quite a nasty way of getting what you want to know from someone.

I too was interrogated though not with much luck.

BEFOREHAND

I walked into Umbridge's office reluctantly. As soon as the door opened I paused to smell the air. Veritaserum. Quick on my heel I turned and snapped before the toad could cut in. "I'm not drinking that!" And walked out with a smug grin on my face.

PRESENT TIME

We were nearing the end of the day, my trunk was packed and I couldn't wait to get back to Grimmauld Place. But now that I thought about it with more focus I realised that I had no idea how I was going to get there.

As if answering my question an owl fluttered onto my shoulder, upon its leg a letter addressed to me. As soon as I opened it the owl flew off.

I did not recognise the writing.

Meet at Main Street, Hogsmeade, someone from the Order will be there to pick you up.

A.D

Who could A.D be? It had to be someone from the- It was Dumbledore, I can't believe it took me that long to realise.

---

Finally the school term was over I said goodbye to Hermione as she left for Hogsmeade station and ploughed onwards through the snow. Upon Main Street I saw multiple cloaked figures wandering around bustling to get out of the snow. There standing in the centre of the street stood a rather shabby but undoubtedly familiar man.

"Proffessor Lupin!" I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. I quickly released my grip and stood back awkwardly.

"Merlin's beard! I'm a student for heavens sake!" I thought.

"You know I'm not a teacher any more you don't have to call me Proffessor." He smiled down at me.

"Fine then, shall we re-do this but I'll come running up to you shouting Lupin?" I smirked.

"It's a bit cold, could we have a drink at the Three Broomsticks before we go, I haven't been here in a while?" He looked around.

"Of course, I want to try a Butterbeer!" I laughed.

[Scarlet never got a Hogsmeade Permission Slip signed]

---

"Two Butterbeers please." Remus smiled then pulled out his money to find himself one Knut short.

"Oh dear..." He mumbled. "Looks like we'll just be having-"

"No we're still going to have one both." I laughed and gave Madam Rosemereta one Knut.

We sat there for a while in silence Lupin kept looking over at the scar on my cheek then my one yellow eye. I thought I should try and break the silence but what could I say. I had something in mind but it was really awkward. It'll have to do I couldn't think of anything else anyway.

"Umm Lupin..." I mumbled.

"Yes Scarlet?" He looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Did he know what I was going to say?" I thought quickly.

"Can I call you..."

"Two Butterbeers." Madam Rosemereta handed down the drinks.

"Thank you." Lupin took them off her hands.

"Yes Scarlet you wanted to ask me something?" He passed me the Butterbeer.

"It can wait till we finish these." I took a nervous sip and my body instantly filled with warmth.

--

We finished our drinks and then I brought up my question again.

"Lupin can I call you... Dad?" I whispered ever so softly, I'd be suprised if he'd have heard me.

"I'm sorry, did you say you wanted to call me dad?" He looked at me slightly alarmed but there was something else about his face, but I couldn't read it.

"Ugh... Yeah... I'm sorry... Just forget about it..." I hid behind my empty tankard, though that did anything. It was made of glass.