Nightmares

"Father!" Scarlet sat up bolt right, covered in sweat and panting, it was the middle of the night.

The door burst open, "Scarlet!" Sirius yelled standing at the door way.

"Am I really that loud?" She mumbled.

"Yes, are you okay?" He replied.

"Sorry I just had a nightmare..." She looked away out if embarrassment.

"Okay, have a glass of water, and get some fresh air, open the window." He almost ordered the last bit.

He walked through the room and opened the window for her as she got up out of bed.

"Who sleeps with the window closed?" He asked her rhetorically.

"I do, so I don't... you know..." She mumbled walking to the door.

"Yeah I know..." He looked at her as she left to go down stairs for some water.

Muttering all the way down the stairs she wasn't surprised that she didn't hear Sirius coming.

"What?" He asked from behind her.

"I should know that, that nightmare is just a dream by now. It's been reoccurring since I was 10." She said disappointedly.

She took a sip from her glass and slowly walked back to the stairs.

"Maybe try and think of happier thoughts before you go back to sleep..." Sirius suggested.

"Thanks, I'll do that..." She smiled and walked back to her room.