The Party

Scarlet wore a red strapless dress that came up to her knees, with her black boots. Her hair was out and looked messy in a good way. She toppled down the staircase and waited with Luna at the entrance to the Great Hall.

"You look nice Luna, you're going with Harry aren't you?" Scarlet smiled.

"You look wonderful, and yes Harry has invited me. It was really very nice of him, I've never been to a party before. Who are you going with?" She said in her airy voice that could only ever be 'Luna'.

"Well looks like I'll have to take you to a party then, and I'm going with Neville."

"Neville, did he ask you?"

"No I asked him, I figured he might have been the only person who would have said yes. I'm a monster remember." Scarlet looked up at the stairs.

"Hmm... But I don't think you're a monster, you're just misunderstood that's all..." Scarlet smiled at Luna's way of thinking.

Harry came down the stairs and spotted Luna and Scarlet at the entrance. Off to the left of them were a bunch of intensely jealous girls. He stopped in front of Luna and Scarlet and while Luna was looking away his face filled with relief.

"Let's go Luna, oh and Scarlet Neville's on his way down..." And he walked off to the party with Luna toddling at his side.

Neville appeared and in the process of tapping Scarlet's shoulder made her jump.

"Oh sorry..."

"It's okay... So uh lets go!" Scarlet brushed it off and linked her arm in Neville's.

As they walked towards Slughorn's office it was quiet except for the sound of their shoes on the floor and the growing sound of the music.

"Scarlet?"

"Hmm." Scarlet looked up she had forgotten that Neville was now taller than her.

"How come you asked me to come with you?" He said shyly.

"Well you see, i wasn't quite sure who to take and majority of the boys are probably terrified of me and then Hermione suggested I asked you..." Scarlet smiled.

"Oh..."

"I wasn't trying to offend you..."

They stopped at the door and Neville allowed Scarlet to enter before him. He was really very nice. As they entered Slughorn found them and dragged them- more so Scarlet- over to where two guests were. At the sight of the pair Scarlet crinkled up her nose.

"What is it?" Neville whispered.

"Vampire." Scarlet growled between her teeth.

The colour of Neville's face disappeared the instant the word 'vampire' was spoken.

"Ah... Here he is!" Slughorn let go of Scarlet, "Scarlet I'd like you to meet-" As he turned to face her he was shocked she had disappeared.

"What..." Neville muttered.

"I didn't like it there, here let's have a drink." She smiled and collected two glasses of Firewhiskey from a walking waiter.

"Alright..." He said and sipped on his glass.

---

"Thanks for..."

"Don't worry about it, and it was nice to spend time with you." Scarlet smiled and then stepped on her tip toes and placed her lips on Neville's cheeks.