Tracking Scent

Hermione, Harry, Fred, George and a reluctant Ron walked down towards Hagrid's hut to see if he knew where se might be.

All of them were having separate conversations, all except Ron- whom was swearing under his breath.

"She really needs to get that under control... She can't just go rampaging around the school like that... As much as I hate her, Umbridge's right when she said that Scarlet is a danger to students and staff..."

"Hermione, she's half werewolf she said herself she can't control it all the time. Plus she has a lot of scars all from werewolves. Lupin and her mum have scarred her." Harry regretted mentioning the last part.

"How do you know her mum scarred her?" Hermione interrogated him.

"She told me..." Harry didn't say anything after that.

---

"You know I just had a great idea!"

"What's your idea then Georgie?"

"Well you know our Skiving Snack boxes?"

"Yeah. What about them?"

"Well what if we made one where you grow fur on your face or something?"

"Sounds great but what does Scarlet have to do with it?"

"Freddie... Are you really asking that question? Scarlets the only available person we know that can grow fur at free will..."

"So you're intending to experiment on her?"

"No, just ask a few questions..."

"Okay."

---

Hermione knocked three times on Hagrid's door, and was greeted by an incredibly over excited Fang.

Harry stepped over them and walked to Hagrid.

"Ello 'Arry! What brings you 'ere?" Hagrid beamed.

"We're looking for Scarlet. Haven't seen her have you?" The twins budded in, in sync.

"No but I know where she mi' be..." Hagrid looked at Ron.

"She's in there isn't she?" Ron grunted.

"Yeah! Always loved it there as a kid..." He stared out the window.

"What do you mean as a kid?" Hermione had finally escaped Fangs affection.

"Didn' you know? I foun' Scar when she was 'bout nine." He turned to Hermione.

"So what happened? How come she didn't have any parents?" Ron seemed a bit more interested.

"Funny that. She won' say."

"I know why..." Harry mumbled.

"Tell us then!" George looked at him.

"It's not really my business to tell..."

"Well-" Ron began.

"So you shouldn't say, you'll loose her loyalty." Fred, joined the conversation.

"Why 'ave you become so protective?" Ron raised an eyebrow.

Fred didn't say a word.

"Look if you must know..." Harry groaned, "Voldemort," Everyone shuddered and Ron hissed. "He hunted down her family too..."

"Why?" Hermione questioned.

"Fine I'll tell you!"

"She didn't beg or anything..." Ron barked.

"Look! Her dad was a Death Eater! But only to protect Scarlet and her mum. He died in Azkaban, so Vol- He Who Must Not Be Named went after Scarlet and her mum. The fire went up in flames and her mum told her to run away. Her mum died..." Harry looked away.

Everyone was silent for a while.

"So that's why she's scared of fire..." Hermione begun.

"But why did he come after them?" Ron asked.

"Why don't you ask her that?" Harry grunted.

"Poor thing..." Hagrid spoke up. "Scarred both physically and mentally..."

---

"Take Fang with yeh'!" Hagrid ran out of his hut.

"What why?" Hermione looked confused.

"He'll track her down." Hagrid looked determined.

"Good! That means will be out of there quicker!" Ron clapped.

"Good luck!" Hagrid yelled after them, as they walked into the forest.