Taking Flight

"Is it those mad horse things?" Said Ron uncertainty, staring at a point slightly to the left of the Threstral Harry was petting. "Those ones you can't see unless you've seen someone snuff it?"

"Yeah," said Harry.

"How many?"

"Just two."

"Well we need three," said Hermione, who was looking a little shaken, but determined all the same.

"Four, Hermione," said Ginny, scowling.

"I think there are six of us, actually," said Luna calmly, counting.

"Seven..." Scarlet growled walking out from behind a tree and turning back into a human.

"Don't be stupid, we can't all go!" said Harry angrily but at the same time Ron gasped, "How'd you get here?"

"Look,you four-" Harry pointed at Neville, Ginny, Luna and Scarlet, "you're not involved in this, you're not-" Harry paused and gasped in pain. "Okay, fine, it's your choice ," he said curtly, but unless we can find more Threstrals you're not going to be able-"

"Oh more will come." Scarlet barked confidently.

"What makes you think that?"

Scarlet grabbed a pocket knife out of her clothes and sliced her forearm. The smell of fresh blood wafted into the air.

"Good sense of smell." She brushed of Hermione and then pointed to an area behind Harry, where stood five more Threstrals.

"Alright! Pick one and get on we're leaving!" Harry said in frustration, as everyone climbed on to a Threstral, some with more difficulty than others.