Yellow

Scarlet! Scarlet are you okay? Scarlet! Voices flew in and out of her mind as she stood there. Voices only just close to recognition.

"Father, what... What are you doing?" She screamed. "Mother!"

Drax closed in upon her his teeth beared and he was ready to attack. Behind him Lenora stood chained to a tree, struggling to free herself from the chains but she was nothing unless she had her wand or was a werewolf. In fact her wand lied just two centimetres out of reach snapped in four pieces. Standing mere feet behind Lenora, he stood there, Voldemort.

"Mother!" Scarlet screamed again.

"Scarlet are you okay? Scarlet wake up!"

Smack! Scarlets fists punched someone's face in quite hard. She sat upright in a flash and looked at herself all over. She had fur over her arms and face, a wolf's snout was growing onto her face, her wolf ears were turned backwards, and she had her tail.

Noticing the face of the person she had punched she made quite an audible gasp. Checking that she didn't have a paw instead of a hand she was relieved to see her transformation hasn't yet reached her hands.

Her eyes finally had adjusted to the light and she remembered where she was and who were standing or kneeling around her.

Lupin and Sirius were standing at the door. Tonks and Miss Weasley were kneeling at the foot of her bed. Ron and Ginny were on her left. George was on the right and next to him clutching his face was Fred.

"I'm so sorry!" Scarlet yelled and transformed back into a full human. She was trying to see the range she had done to Fred.

"Dear, what happened?" Miss Weasley asked softly.

"Nightmare," She looked at Sirius, "Yes, I know I'm have to think of happy things before I go to bed..." She turned back to Miss Weasley. "What was I doing?" She asked timidly.

"I heard the floor above me being scratched so I went to get mum." Ron started.

"Yeah and we heard, very small howls and whimpers." George added.

"Mum came up with Sirius and Lupin to check on you." Ginny mentioned.

"You were mumbling and small screams escaped you." Sirius chimed.

"Yeah and then you started to transform," Tonks began.

"What was happening in your nightmare Scarlet?" Lupin asked me softly, and snapped a block of chocolate in two.

"I don't want to talk about it..." She murmured and looked at the piece if chocolate with confusion.

"Eat, you'll feel better." Lupin instructed giving her the chocolate. She nibbled at it for a while.

"I'm sorry that I woke you all..." She apologised, "Fred are you okay?" She asked intently at him, as he removed his hands.

"You sure pack a punch, remind me not to get on your bad side, and you were right you would ruin my pretty face!"He laughed.

His face wasn't that ruined but he had a massive red mark on his upper left cheek, and it crossed over his eye to his eyebrow. There was no doubt it would turn into a bruise.

"It's not that bad..." She blushed, when he had given her book back.

"Yeah and now we'll be able to tell you two apart!" Sirius laughed.

"Eat up." Lupin instructed. "Everyone can go now, I want to have a word with Scarlet." As everyone left Lupin looked at Scarlet closely.

"I'm fine..." Scarlet turned her face away.

"No you're not." He said scanning her up and down.

Never had Scarlet felt so self-conscious. Even if it was just another werewolf, even if Lupin was years older than her, she felt self-conscious.

"What happened to your eye?" He asked quietly.

"Nothing, is something wrong with it?" She asked as calmly as she could.

"Yes, unless it's normal for one of your eyes to be half yellow." He said looking deeply into her right eye.

"Half yellow?" She exclaimed and ran to the mirror, narrowing her eyes to see her reflection.

"Scarlet..." Lupin said and Scarlet turned to him a face full of distress.

"What's happening to me?" A tear rolled down her cheek over her scar, she winced.

"I don't know, but-" He was cut off.

"But what?" She almost screamed at him.

"But I think you have one too many werewolf scars..." He said looking down.

"So your saying I'm becoming more of a werewolf?" She trembled.

"I am not sure, you are the first wolf-blood recorded..." His eyes observing his feet.

"If I- If I h- hurt someone- promise... Promise m-me you'll b-be the one to... End m-me..." Her lips trembled and she broke apart in tears.

Lupin instantly crouched beside her, petting her shoulder. He lifted her face up by her chin. To see eyes that deep down were crying for help and spoke softly. It was only just audible, "I don't think that time will come..." He smiled.

She nodded and sobbed into his shoulder. Until he eventually got up ten minutes later.

"Come now, breakfast is ready and I need to pick up Harry tonight." He smiled down at her.

She bit her lip, "Okay... Just give me a minute..."

He smiled and exited the room closing the door behind him.