Such A Specimen

"What do you mean I can't move in with you?" Scarlet tilted her head to the side.

"I mean you can't move in with me, you have to go back to Hagrid's and you can't owl me either..." Remus held her hands tightly.

"But what if I don't want too!" She stamped her feet.

"Scarlet your acting like a child..."

"Well I'm still a kid, I'm only 15!"

"Scarlet..."

Scarlet broke into an outburst of loud complaints.

"Shhh... Scarlet I'm trying to tell you... Scarlet listen!"

"Okay..." She replied meekly.

Remus hugged Scarlet and whispered in her ear, "I'm on a mission for Dumbledore..."

"Oh... So am I." She sighed.

Breaking the hug Remus held her shoulders, "What are you doing?"

"Dragons... You?"

"Doesn't matter... Be safe..." He lightly kissed Scarlet on the forehead and then exited the grounds of Hogwarts.

---

Scarlet slumped towards Hagrid's hut. Behind her bags floated in the air, aloft by her wand. She knocked three times- Fang barked at the door in excitement- and entered.

"What? Yeh not excite' to see me' 'gain..." Hagrid gave Scarlet a bone crushing hug.

"No! I'm glad to be back, its just..."

"Jus' what?"

"I already miss him..." She looked through the window at the gates of Hogwarts, "like I'm missing my dad all over again..."

"Don' worry he'll be back fer' Christmas!" Hagrid boomed cheerfully.

"Yeah but I won't..." Scarlet dumped her belongings in a corner.

"An' why is that?"

"I have to go on a mission for Dumbledore..."

"What! But your so young..."

"Still..."

"What's he makin' you do'?"

"Dragons..."

The rest of the afternoon Scarlet sat on the floor listening to Hagrid ramble on about dragons.

---

The holidays dragged onwards slowly. It was about a week before the results of her O.W.L's came.

ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVEL RESULTS

Pass Grades:
Outstanding (O)
Exceeds Expectations (E)
Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:
Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

SCARLET WOLF HAS ACHIEVED:

Astronomy E
Care Of Magical Creatures O
Charms E
Defence Against The Dark Arts O
Divination E
Herbology E
History Of Magic P
Potions E
Transfiguration E

---

The school year came quicker once Scarlet received her O.W.L's and so she became a tad but more cheerful. She decided she would cook, spent her days either exploring the Forest or practicing Quidditch.

What excited Scarlet most this year was Quidditch, she really wanted to be a Chaser on the team and a reserve Seeker. Hoping Harry would pick her in tryouts though.

---

"And Miss Wolf would you please stay behind after the feast." Professor Dumbledore smiled down at her.

Everyone looked in her direction, probably all thinking of how unstable she was and hoping that she is going to expelled. It was common knowledge that Scarlet was a ticking time bomb.

---

"Yes Professor, you wanted to see me..." Scarlet falsely smiled.

"Well you see my dear it wasn't I you wanted to see you but Professor Slughorn who wanted to see you," He gestured to the newly appointed Potions master, "in saying that however, I do hope you will, so to say complete the task I've elected for you..."

"Of course I've already packed." She beamed.

"Now to let you have your chat with Professor Slughorn."

Dumbledore left a skip in his step despite his old age.

"Miss Wolf nice to meet you!" Slughorn bounced on the balls of his feet and shook Scarlets hand.

"Pleasure."

"May I quickly mention that you seem to have a very odd name, concerning your..." he paused, "Scarlet Wolf, red wolf, your parents weren't very creative. And your parents who would they be? I mustn't have met your mother but your father probably came here, was his name Remus?"

"No. My mum was Leona Jones and my dad was Drake Wolf. My mother was bitten by a werewolf, and my dad was a-" She was cut off.

"An animagi, I'm aware of that, and a beautiful white wolf he was..."

"White?"

"Your father liked to transform openly at school, he was a majestic white wolf!" He said marvelling.

Scarlet did not like this man.

"Anyway I would like you to join my Slug Club! A fine specimen like you would be a wonderful attribute to the Club! So what do you say?"

"Gladly..."