The Hungarian Horntail

"Scarlet get up!" Charlie shook Scarlet for the hundredth time.

"You're just as bad as Fred and George!" She snapped.

"I'm still a lot more responsible though!" He laughed.

"Well maybe you should be more responsible!" She groaned and rolled out of her bed , landing on the floor was a lump of black fur. "Because I could've been naked!"

"Well you aren't, aren't you?"

"What do you think?" She growled.

"Sorry, sorry. Just get changed quickly I have something to show you." He stepped out I the shack.

Scarlet changed quickly into a some jeans, a loose shirt and her boots. Dragging a brush through her hair she pulled it into a pony-tail. She stepped out of the shack and almost bumped into Charlie.

"Come on, let's go!" He bounded in some direction and smiled enthusiastically.

"No, breakfast first..." Scarlet droned on.

"Here toast. Now hurry up or you'll miss it!" He said passing Scarlet a piece of toast that he had clearly taken a bite out of.

"Okay, okay!" Scarlet laughed defeated and held the toast in between her teeth and pawed after Charlie.

"Okay... Shhh..." He sat down on a rock that was facing a mountainous region.

"Alright but it's not even sunrise yet..." Scarlet sat down and nibbled on her half eaten toast.

"Shhh... Here it comes..." He looked out into the horizon excitedly.

The sun had just begun to rise and then in the orange light the silhouette of a dragon flew over to one of the mountains. A small burst of flame appeared from the same mountain.

"Is that-" Scarlet was to breathless to finish her sentence.

"Yup!" Charlie grinned childishly.

Scarlet still drowsy with sleep rested her head on Charlie's shoulder, as they watched the baby Hungarian Horntail take to the skies for the first time.

---

"You know you still could have given me a more decent breakfast I'm starving!" Scarlet punched Charlie hard in the stomach.

"Aw... Suck it up princess!" He laughed ruffling her hair.

"Hey! I'm no princess! If anyone here is a princess it's you!" She laughed and sat down on her bed.

Charlie sat down beside her and then looked her in the eye. "What is it Dumbledore wants you to do?" He asked his tone serious.

"He wants to see if I can persuade one dragon to help us fight... Yeah You-Know-Who's gonna bring giants, werewolves, whatever else he can get his hands on but I doubt he can control a dragon..."

"So Dumbledore thinks you can?"

"Not so much control but persuade and I reckon that Horntail would be a good ally..."

"Yeah..." Charlie looked away, he knew Scarlet was talented but the Horntail seemed to be a little bit too much.

---

Scarlet and Charlie entered the make-shift Mess Hall for lunch (the last one burnt down). They took a seat at the table Sunday was sitting at, with another person.

"Scarlet meet Jhuck (pronounced Juck)!" Sunday smiled, gesturing to the man next to her, "He is Charlie's supervisor."

"Well he hasn't been doing much supervising..." Scarlet shook his hand.

"I'm sure I can let Charlie wander off on his own."

"You know I'm right here!" Charlie rolled his eyes.

"Yes we do know." Scarlet punched him in the arm.

"Anyway Scarlet, Jhuck and Sunday are like my make-do family, we're a trio." He shovelled whatever it was he was eating in his mouth.

"Indeed." Jhuck had a deep and serious voice.

"Okay I'm done! Now show me what you do here Charlie." She said walking to the door.

"Alrighty Scarlet!" Charlie got up and punched her in the shoulder.

They walked off arguing until they were out of earshot of Sunday and Jhuck.

"I can see what's happening..." Sunday laughed.

"What?" Jhuck looked intrigued.

"And they don't have a clue." She took a bite out of her sandwich.

"Who?" Jhuck asked through a mouthful of food.

"They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line." She nudged Jhuck in the shoulder. "Our trio's down to two." She rolled her eyes at Jhuck.