chapter 60 ~ 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, ANGST, SPIKING, & SEXUAL ASSAULT

_

     I picked at the skin between my index finger and thumb, feeling tears prick the back of my eyes as I avoided his gaze. Yoongi stepped forward, hooking his finger under my chin and gazing down at me with wide, worried eyes. We stood in the office on the first floor of the house, down the hall from the spare bathroom. The rolling wooden door was shut to give us privacy, silencing our conversation from the other members in the house.

     "What's the matter, angel?" Yoongi murmured, cupping my face and wiping the few stray tears from off my cheeks.

     "The woman at your work. She...She's the same person."

     "The same person?"

     The breath caught in the back of my throat; I didn't want to say her name. I hated each syllable with every bone in my bruised body, but I had to make my concerns known.

     "Rachel. I-It's the same girl!"

     "Rachel-" Yoongi's face slackened until I couldn't tell what he was feeling, the rosy color of his cheeks fading until his skin was pale in the office lighting. He simply stared, not daring to blink, as he examined me. His hands slid from off of my face, down to his sides. "The storm-"

     "Yes, the storm. The closet, little space, abuse. Same. Person." I couldn't control the anger in my voice any longer. It wobbled with each word, the tears I'd tried so hard to hold back streaming down my face. "I didn't know for sure, but after coming with you to work a few times, I realized- I realized it was her. I don't know if she recognizes me, but she's been avoiding me since the first day I saw her at the Samsung shoot. Yoongi, I-" I threw my forearm against my mouth, shielding my eyes with my hand as more tears began to fall. I felt Yoongi's arms slip around my waist, his hand sliding against the nape of my neck to bury my face in the crook of his shoulder.

     "I don't want the same thing to happen again."

     "It's not, angel. I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you, okay?" Yoongi pulled away slightly to level our faces, patting my face dry with the sleeves of his shirt. "Okay?" I nodded, rubbing away the tears that dampened the end of my nose. The brunet pressed his lips against my forehead, trailing them down the bridge of my nose until I peered up at him. 

     "You don't have to come to work anymore if she makes you uncomfortable..."

     "I don't know what I wanna do right now, I just... I just wanted to tell you so you knew."

     "I kind of...figured. I knew she made me uncomfortable for a reason."

     "Why didn't you say anything then!?"

     "I didn't know how to approach it. I just thought that you guys wouldn't bother each other, but now..." 

     I could sense the apology on his tongue, but before he could utter another word I stumbled against Yoongi's chest, burying my face in the crook of his neck as I sighed shakily. Rachel terrified me; I didn't know if she wanted revenge, if she wanted to hurt me or hurt the people I loved, but I didn't want to risk anything. Just the thought of Rachel hurting one of the others made more tears spring from the corners of my eyes. I wasn't sure on how to move forward with the knowledge that Rachel worked a mere 40-or-so minutes away; she might've even lived closer than that. I thought I could escape her and live the rest of my life in peace, but I guess I was wrong.