chapter 40 ~ 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MINOR EXPLICIT CONTENT, SLIGHT CNC, ANGST, & MINOR FLUFF

_

     It was almost 1 AM, my back aching from unpacking the few boxes that I could claim as mine. The others had disappeared into their rooms, lined up down the long hallway, from mine to Jimin's, to Taehyung's, then Jungkook's, Yoongi's on the opposite side of the hall in between two empty rooms. I'd questioned who stayed in those, and he claimed his only hyung, Seokjin, slept to his left, another man named Hoseok to his right, and someone named Namjoon to the right of Hoseok's room. I made sure to remember this information for when they came home so that I would make sure not to disturb them when searching for the others.

     Jimin had driven with Kiana to return the U-Haul's before dark, taking the brunette a few miles from our house to hers, where she had spent the rest of the night unpacking. I wanted to text Kiana to check up on her but didn't want to wake her if she'd fallen asleep. Knowing her, she had probably crashed unpacking something in her room.

     Slowly, I wandered down the dark hallway, pausing in front of Jimin's room. I missed the blonde; having slept in his room for several months, the sudden change in sleeping arrangements making me long to have him in my arms. I offered a quiet knock on his bedroom door, awaiting the twist of the knob as he peered out at me through the darkness. But, he never came. Tapping my foot on the hardwood floor, I knocked again, hoping that if he was asleep, I wouldn't wake him and make him irate. But, it was Jimin; he would never get mad at me for simply wanting to be close to him. Instead of knocking a third time, I pushed my way inside his bedroom, shutting the door quietly behind me.

     It took a moment for my eyes to focus on the furniture around me, barely any light illuminating Jimin's room. I stumbled about in the darkness over to his bed, tucked away in the far right corner of the room. I could barely see the outline of the sleeping blonde beneath his covers, his sides rising and falling steadily as he exhaled slowly. Hesitantly, I slipped beneath the covers beside him, resting my head stiffly against his pillows. Jimin groaned under his breath, making my spine freeze up anxiously. I didn't want to wake the blonde, the possibility of him being agitated upon being disturbed too much to risk. I curled up close against his back, careful to keep a few inches between us as I tried to get comfortable. The silence of the new house seemed to make the others feel comfortable as if it was completely normal to them. But, the newness of the house made me nervous and frightened about what lay around every corner. Every creak and groan of the settling structure set sparks of fear alight in my stomach.

     I turned over on my back, staring up through the darkness at the ceiling. Sniffling, I tried to calm my anxious thoughts as they tumbled about my head, images of Yura and pitch-black hallways settling in the corners of my brain. 

     What happened if Yura found out where we were staying? What happened if he came here and hurt the others to get to me? 

     A whimper worked its way from my throat at the possibility; I fidgeted under the covers as I tried to force myself to fall asleep. My thoughts were too active, every possible occurrence flitting in and out of reach in my head as I shut my eyes tightly. How did I let myself get wrapped up with such a dangerous man? My life would've been so much easier if he had never entered it.

     "Yumin?" Jimin's husky voice floated out of the darkness behind me, making me flinch. I exhaled shakily, preparing to hop out of his bed and wander back to my room when his arm snaked around my waist, pulling me flush against his chest. I whimpered under my breath, turning around and cuddling against his toned body, his fingers dancing against the exposed skin of my thigh beneath the covers.