chapter 95 ~ 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅

CONTAINS MINOR FLUFF, MENTIONS OF ABUSE, & ANGST

_

      "Where have you been, Yoongi? I've been worried sick! You wouldn't pick up your phone, or-or-" My tone lowered dramatically as I saw the look of utter exhaustion lining my first boyfriend's face. He pushed his way wordlessly into my room and shut the door, beginning to shed himself of his dark coat and drop it at the foot of my bed. Immediately, he folded me into his embrace with his head tucked into the crook of my neck and I enveloped him in my arms to comfort him.

      "Hey. What happened?"

      Yoongi sighed heavily, his backside deflating like a balloon as I fisted his thin, black, cotton shirt. 

      "Yoongi?"

      "We've got to do it now."

      My mind went somewhere sinful, but I backed away with a look of confusion lining my face. "Do what?"

     "Yumin, we have to go through with the trial as soon as possible."

     My face fell. I already knew he was talking about Yura and I couldn't help but think his sudden disappearance this morning had something to do with him. Out of habit, I began to fidget on my feet, anxious to be anywhere but there, but Yoongi casually reached up and cupped the side of my face to calm me down.

      "You know we have to, angel."

       The use of my nickname seemed to calm my nerves the slightest bit and I nodded.

       "Can you call Chanyoung in the morning and see how far along he's gotten? It's been weeks."

       I nodded again. Out of everything that had crossed my mind that day, I hadn't expected this until later. I knew we had to progress further than we already had to get Min Yura locked away for good, but I still hated the idea of putting my ex behind bars. The entire lead-up to the moment of his court appearance made me feel sick to my stomach.

       Yoongi cocked his head slowly to the side, stroking his thumb along my cheek as I made to lean back into his embrace. I would call my lawyer the minute I woke up the next morning. For now, I wanted to drown in a more pleasurable feeling; any other feeling than the one that currently tore at my stomach.

      "I'll call in the morning," I mumbled. "But, where were you all day?"

      There was a slight hesitancy in the brunet's reply. My heart skipped a beat as I began questioning all the places he could've run off to in my head, but after a moment, he muttered, "Nowhere, baby. I was just trying to help a friend."

       "Oh... Okay."

       "Let's go to bed, hmm?"

       I didn't reply, only accepted Yoongi's hand into my own as he led me toward my bed. He ripped the covers casually from their tucked-in corners, patting down the ruffles and encouraging me to clamber in before him. His arms snaked around my waist to pull me against his chest, and I felt a sense of numbness wash over me. In a matter of seconds, it turned into exhaustion and I let my eyes fall closed with a steady exhale. I should worry about one thing at a time; from the most urgent matter to the least. Not where Yoongi had really been all day long, and not Namjoon's attitude towards me either. Both of those could wait for another time to address when our lives weren't on the line.